1/48 Vickers Wellington

Hello All,

This was my multi engined effort for last years comp season. Trumpeter kit with Eduard set (waste of money really as stuff all is visible) I added an alloy mainspar as I didnt trust the wing to fuselage join, also Quick boost gun barrels.

Cheers

Stephen

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

0035.jpg

0032-1.jpg

001.jpg

0072.jpg

Edited by Prop-nut

Very nice looking kit Stephen, When i get around to digging mine out of the loft, i just know it will not end up looking that good!

I too think that the wing/fuselage joint does not look strong enough (thats a big old kit in 1/48) did any other members have any trouble with this aspect of the kit?

Again nice work there Stephen.

best regards

Paul

Lovely stuff, you can imagine her sitting out in the Maltese winter ready to go and cause a bit of discomfort around 'Mare Nostrum'.

Its a great shame sometimes when the interior is so often covered up once the fuselage is joined together, particularly when like you, one makes such a good and detailed job of it, I did the same with a B-17 was I disappointed! anyway overall you have represented a wonderful work-horse of W.W 2 in a lovely build, well done.

Gordon

very nice job .the black undersides are great ,how did you paint them?

Thanks, simple answer is dont use "full black" for anything other than highlights (or should that be low lights?) but numerous varying shades or really (really) dark grey that look black but arent if that makes sense.