Revell 1/48 Wessex

Muzz

After seeing a few builds on here I fancy getting myself a Wessex to build, was wondering if anyone knows if any other variants can be built from the Revell 1/48 HAS 3 kit which is due for (Re-?)release shortly? Would like to build a RAF example, most likely an HC2. Thanks.

Muzz,

This kit is well known to be only an approximation to a Wessex of any mark. The undercarriage is wrong, the overall detailing is sketchy and poor, the fuselage length is wrong (particulary for the turbine engined versions), the list is long. BUT, it is (at the moment) the only game in town. I did a conversion to an HC2 which featured in an IPMS magazine last year, and there have been several builds on this site. If you look at ebay there is someone on there selling a nose extension conversion and I understand Heritage has some stuff in the pipeline. Anyways good luck - you may need it!

Muzz, I'm just waiting for my re-issued HAS.3 to check fit of the master for a new nose in vacform (very easy this one!!) with alternative front ends -early or late. Once I'm happy, I'll be getting down to production.

Dave

Thanks to the two Daves for the replies. Think I'll hold back on a purchase and see what AM is released for it. Davepb, I'll keep an eye out for your stuff!! Cheers.

Thanks to the two Daves for the replies. Think I'll hold back on a purchase and see what AM is released for it. Davepb, I'll keep an eye out for your stuff!! Cheers.

The Revell Wessex is reported to be a new kit, 100% new molds, developed with Italeri

ermeio