Just started a 1/32 Hawk

Muller

Another Hawk for your collection Keith? Excellent, will be worth watching for a quality thread if the two you did on the GB are anything to go by, what scheme you planning for this one?

Cheers Col! I was thinking of doing a what-if for this one. Another question for the GB bosses, are whifs allowed??

What I've done so far...

P1010613.jpg

The 2nd seat isn't primed because the milliput won't harden (it's been 2 days!) I don't think I mixed it well enough :wall:

I've also just bought a set of PE belts for the seats, waiting on them to come from the UK.

I've got a paint scheme in mind for this that I reckon will look pretty cool.

Edited by Muller

Got a bit more done on this today, the cockpit is pretty much finished. The seats are just dry-fitted, still need to put some PE on them. Wheel wells in the wings painted and weathered. Intakes and exhaust nearly done.

P1010622.jpg

Cheers Iain, the scheme is a secret :wicked: All will be revealed when I've painted it and decals are on.

Got the fuselage halves glued, wings and tailplanes are dryfitted to get an idea of how it'll look. It's a biggy!

P1010626.jpg

Had a bit of a problem getting the fuselage to meet at the nose, so it's had a bit of rhinoplasty.

P1010631.jpg

Thats it for now, thanks for looking!

Is it a Saudi Hawk, Rolf?

roy.png

Ok, I'll quit with the crappy quotes pics!

It's going to be an Irish Air Corps hawk, all my whifs so far have been IAC.

The Air Corps bought hawks from the RAF for training purposes, they were delivered in this scheme. The red bits were painted over in green and IAC roundels added.

The PE for the seats has arrived, they look a bit daunting! The kit decals are for the Reds, so no good for this build. I've bought a set of Xtradecal Hawk decals (32038) which has all the stencils and maintenance markings needed, still waiting on them to come in the post.

Not much of an update, got my goodies from evilbay...

P1010663.jpg

Stuck on the IAC roundels to see how the 2 greens (green on the roundel and green paint) look...

P1010664.jpg

Not too bad I suppose, the decals are a bit off kilter, there is a white line around the green part of the roundel.

Need to do a bit of touching up here and there. After that, work on the undercarraige. I'm leaving my pet hate till last, canopies...

Thanks for looking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry guys, she's not done yet, pretty much as she was in the last update. Work committments and a 10 day trip home meant I couldn't get her completed in time. I will keep going though, maybe have pics in the RFI section in a couple of months!