Fw-190 A1 II./JG 1 conversion hasegawa Fw/190 A5

Arnold you are teasing us by showing all the small highly detailed bits . This must be 1/24th !!! :D

If it's 1/24 than it is still good detail. ;)

Well guys again a small update. (All of you must be getting bored by me now).

This is the cockpit glass. It's taped first on the inside (with some help from a montex mask for this kit)and later on the outside (with a mask from eduard and some left over tamiya tape

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

Here are some pictures after painting the in and outside of the cockpitglass. If you look closely you can see that I have already attached the backpart of the slide mechanism

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

This is a picture of the revi sight. It is still missing it's glass. After attaching the glass I have forgoten to take a picture. Also I painted the leather part on the hood.

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

After fitting the revisight I placed the windscreen

IMG_1412.jpg

The windscreen had to dry bevore I could go on so I put the propellor together. Again a few pictures.

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

And here are the last pictures for this week. It's the model how she looks if everything is put together. She definately looks like a early butcher bird. she is almost ready to get painted, but that hase got to be somewhere next week.

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

This hase been quite a project. But the end is in sight and it hase been very satisfying.

Edited by Arniec

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry that there hasen't been any update lately. I have hade a short break to Engeland. I was at the Shropshire show.

I hope to do some work this weekend.

Painting first stage

Here are some pictures of the first painting. I have done some pre shading and the yellow parts are now painted.

the pre shading

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

the yellow paint

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

Painting second stage.

Here are some pictures after painting the RLM 76. The paint is from Gunze (acrillics).

Taping of the yellow painted parts.

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

Upperside pre shaded with tire black.

IMG_2644.jpg

Here is the undercarriage painted. The first foto shows the right leg hase already been partially painted inside al the panellines. The second foto hase again the right leg been painted, but now it's complete. The paint was still wet and the flash of the camera made it look as one colour, but it isn't. The pre shading is coming subtle through.

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

These foto's show again the same process of painting.1st pre shading (done yesterday), 2nd fill in the inside surface between the pre shaded panellines and 3rd spray a light coat from a distance to get all the colours together. You could also do a 4th stage by painting the inside of the pannels with a lighter base coat.

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

Here are the wheels painted and also the armament. The wheels have 2 different colours on (tire black and black for the hubs), but you can't see it because of the flash fotografie

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

Hopefully I can do some more tomorrow.

Edited by Arniec

Great progress Arnold, pre shading always looks great under RLM76, its as though they were made for each other!

That was my thought as well.

That is looking very nice indeed Arnold. Can I ask which glue you use for attaching the windscreen?

I use the normal glue out of the bottle from Revell. But I put it on with a cocktail stick, so I don't use to much glue. I use cocktail sticks for al sort of work.

Great proccess of the paint job. I must admit I much prefer pre-shading to post.

Can't wait to see the final paint job.

Steve

Hopefully this evening. I will try to do the pictures this evening or tomorrow.

I use the normal glue out of the bottle from Revell. But I put it on with a cocktail stick, so I don't use to much glue. I use cocktail sticks for al sort of work.

Where would us modellers be without cocktail sticks, they have a 1001 uses don't they. Thanks for letting me know, i'm always interested how other modellers go about doing various things.