Fw-190 A1 II./JG 1 conversion hasegawa Fw/190 A5

Well, guess what I learned today. ;)

Steve

Yes I knew that! :wicked:

Maybee you didn't know this as well but the Turkish Fw-190A3's hade also the same armament, But I believe that they hade the later hatches with the bulges.

I have also been looking on some pictures from early 190's and I don't see any gun camera on them. So I filled the hole in the wing for mine. I also noticed that from A3's on most of the wheelbay covers are in the closed position.

Edited by Arniec

Arnold my apologies for over looking this build. I've just read it from the start and what you have done/are doing is most impressive, great modelling indeed.

Thanx,

I hope to do some update this week. With some pictures. I have been doing some small stuf today. The airbrakes are placed in the closed position and the two tail pieces are places.

I also have made some repair work to the left wing. While clamping the engine to the fuselage I managed to brake of a smal part of the wing. It hase been glued on again and smooted out.

There is still a lot to do before it is painting time.

Here is a small update with some things done to the undercarriage and the propellors.

Here are the scissor links for the undercarriage the holes are drilled out

IMG_1352.jpg

These are the retraction links for the Undercariage. I filled the hole in the centre and redrilled on the outside some small holes

IMG_1358.jpg

And last but not least. The reshaped propellor blade. The blades didn't look wright to me for a early bird so I have reshaped them a bit. It's the one on the right.

IMG_1359.jpg

That's how far I got today.

All the little jobs all add up to the finished product, and sometimes they take up more time to do.

Yes you are wright. The small things to do take up a lot of time. Aspecialy how I work. If I want to paint one colour I do it in one go, so everything hase to be ready for the paint. This is done so you don't get any shanges in colour.(besides the ones I make myself for some effect)

That is something I always intend to do, but I always end up forgetting something!

Me to from time to time. Planning ahead is very importent. If you see my instructions at the end of a build than there are overall tekst written and the partnumbers are having al a circle around them.

Here are some pictures of what was done this morning. I concentrated on the undercariage parts.

Here is one of the scissor links. It hase the middle knob replaced by a larger one so I can put a small piece of stretched sprue on it. This is to simulate the wire that pulled the legs in closed position.

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

Here is the streched sprue atached and I have put some smal electrical wire to the link where there was a electrical switch(?!).

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

The undercariage legs have gote some plumbing added from copper and solder wire.

IMG_1366.jpg

This is how I got sofar. Now there are still some things to do before I can put some paint on. It take some patience before you can paint, but after that it makes life a lot easier.

I hope it is to your satisfaction sofar. All comment on this build are welcome.

Lovely work Arnold.

I have the same wiring on my u/c legs.

The double one you have is for a micro-switch on each link. This is for when the u/c leg fully extends it sends a signal to the motor to stop.

The single wire on the starboard side only is actually a wire that goes to the tail wheel assembly and retracts it when the main u/c legs retract.

Steve

Having done the same to the u/c to my Dora I know only well how much time jobs like that take to do. Its going to be one job i'm really going to struggle with, with my fractured thumb. But as you say the results are worth all the trouble.

Thanks guys,

I just remember that I still have to do some straps for the plumbing. Shall I use tape or very fine metal foil? My thoughts are foil,. what do you guys think about this.

Edited by Arniec

Shall I use tape or very fine metal foil? My thoughts are foil,. what do you guys think about this.

Its up to you Arnold. Whatever you find easiest to work with.

I use Tamiya tape, but thats just my preference.

Steve

I think I will use some tamiya tape. It's easier to apply.

Sorry guys no further update. I have been busy all weekend with my new car.

I hope to do some updates during this week.

Here is again a small update. Mostly I have been working again on the landing gear. Also I have been getting the head rest ready for some paint. I dipped the cockpit glass today in Klear, so I can tape it tomorrow before the paint is put on. I hope to start painting the whole model soon.

The landing gear with the straps for the plumbing added and a picture of the resin wheels from True detail.

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

Here are two pictures of the tail wheel. It's a item from the Fw-190 D9 wheel set from MDC. Maybee it isn't totaly correct for this type, but it looks a lot better than the one in the box. This one was a left over from a past build. I have put some holes in the wheel and the frame. that makes it easier to paint them sepperate and also is it a better fit.

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

This are two pictures of the head rest. I have added on both sides 2 wholes for some streched sprue to be added later.

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

This is it so far. Hopefully more in the comming days.