Fw-190 A1 II./JG 1 conversion hasegawa Fw/190 A5

Here are again some pictures of the cockpit. There was still some time left this weekend for the build.

It's not much but the cockpit is almost ready to be painted.

Here are the two cockpits side by side with the down one being the converted one. With the converted one was on the right hand side panel, partialy the detail removed.

IMG_1300.jpg

Here is the middle console removed

IMG_1301.jpg

Here are two pictures of the completed tube. the second foto with the original on top to show the difference

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

The top instrument panel that was changed to a earlyer one. The top one in the foto is the original one.

IMG_1304.jpg

The headrest in the kit was of a later time. So I hade to change it, but this was quite easy. In the kit there is a headrest (part 15) that looks a lot like the early one. You yust need to reprofile the kit one. In the first picture the early one (left) and the kit one( right) in one shot before reprofiling. In the second picture the kit version is also on the right

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

And my last picture is al together in one shot

IMG_1308.jpg

It's not perfect, but you always live and learn.

I hope you all like it so far.

Edited by Arniec

Hi Guys,

I have done some small work on the cockpit.

The Etched parts are now putted in, but no foto's jet.

I hope to do some painting of the pit next week and then it will be going fast (I hope).

Hi Guys a smal update. I have painted the cockpit and I still have to do some things.

Here are some pictures of the process so far.

The cockpit unpainted but with all the etch on.

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

The cockpit after painting it RLM02

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

The cockpit after doing a wash and some drybrushing

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

And last but not least after painting some detail

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

As you can see the seatbelts and the instrument are not done yet. I am planning to do the instruments with decals from the MDC set.

I have done also some paint work on the engine. It was painted black and then some drybrushed with silver. You don't have to do mutch there because it's almost impossible to see anything of it when the model is finished.

Here are the pictures.

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

This is as far as I have come today.

Here are some last pictures of the finished cockpit. Now I can put it in the fuselage.

Also there are some pictures of the finished motor.

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

Thanxs guys.

Very nice work !! :D

But i will opose to the rust on the engine, that is not possibel, no 1. wart would allow that :o

cheers

Jes

It was more of a wash, but got a little bit out of hand. I will try to remove it. Anyway after fitting of the fan and the propellor there isn't much to see.

Edited by Arniec

Thanxs guys.

I have been doing some standard stuf today. Put the Wheel wells in and glued the fuselage together so I can change the tail (for the antenna).

I have still to do some extra's in the cockpit. The set I use is from MDC and looks lovely, but I came across some things that I am not happy with. The front hood for the Revi sight is to small and also the decking behind the seat is to small. :angry: I hope I still have a front hood from a old Verlinden set. I have to search for it tomorrow or I have to look for the original peaces in the box And make something out of that. The decking hase been sorted by cutting of the one from the kit.

I have some picture of it so you can see for your own eyes what I am talking about. I am a little bit disapointed about that.

After some thoughts about the MDC set, I think that the cockpit is intended to move some what fearther back than the original is. I have try fitted it yesterday evening and it looks now that the instruments are a little bit to far back. A you live and learn. This was also my first Hasegawa Fw-190 so Next time better. The only thing that is not correct in the MDC set is the front hood. that is still to small. The detail on the MDC set is awsome. :speak_cool: I have got two more sets for a Fw-190 D9 and I will defenatly use them.

I was just thinking about converting a Eduard A5 to a A1 or would the A3 from Tamiya be better as a starting point? Hmmm :hmmm: something to think about. Maybee a conversion for Scale Model world in November.

Edited by Arniec

Hi Guys,

here are some more pictures of things done today.

The Cockpit was putted in Yesterday and today I have put the wing together.

But after looking at the instuctions I was not so pleased with myself.

I should have put the underwing first on the fuselage and then put the topside wings on!!!! Duhhhh. :doh:

You should read the instructions better. I have also done some work on the armament. The MG17's are a seperate set (actualy 2 sets) from Master and the MG FF 20 mm canons are also from them But from a left over Bf-109E set. The Pitot tube is just some bras tubing with a copper wire inside. Al the holes were marked before putting the wing together and after it was dry it was drilled with the proper size drill bit.

On with the pictures.

Here is the wing root armament

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

And the armament on top of the fuselage

IMG_1340.jpg

[bAnd the armament in the wing with the pitot tube][/b]

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

The armament hasen't been fixed jet. That will be the last things to do after painting it.

Here are three pictures of the filling of the underside panels. most of the lines have to be filled.

Standard

IMG_1342.jpg

Filled

IMG_1341.jpg

checked

IMG_1343.jpg

This as far as it hase gone today. Till next time.

Edited by Arniec

Arnold. Are you putting the perforated barrel sleeves on the wing root guns?

I only ask as I'm sure it was just long barrels that were used.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes I am. I have seen a drawing in a book from Heinz Nowarra were there are no sleves on them, so i don´t use them. There are no real pictures of one A1 in that section, so it is a little bit of a guess and some artistic license. ;)

Edited by Arniec

Here is a small update. It's not much but I have yust put the wing on the fuselage. Here is a picture.

IMG_1346.jpg

Hopefully I can do some cleaning up today of the wings and some test fitting of the engine.

Edited by Arniec

A New milestone in this project.

The Engine fits quite well after some filling and test fitting. It already looks different than the original kit.

I have also been cleaning up the wings and the panellines between the fuselage and the wing. It is looking now like a proper early Fw-190.

There hase still be some small things to do but it is comming along nicely.

Here are some pictures

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

Hi Steve,

Yes I am. I have seen a drawing in a book from Heinz Nowarra were there are no sleves on them, so i don´t use them. There are no real pictures of one A1 in that section, so it is a little bit of a guess and some artistic license. ;)

The armament for a A-1 was 4 MG 17 and 2 MG/FF M, so the root gun are very correct.

Nowarra info is just outdated, printed in 1972, have it my self one of my first books, so much researh has been done since.

cheers

Jes