Fw-190 A1 II./JG 1 conversion hasegawa Fw/190 A5

It needs to be a pen with ink that doesnt bleed through the paint to much although it needs to bind into the paint so it just doesn't rub off . Im going to try this out as i can see plenty of times this could be very handy

Yet another technique learned. You must be getting excited now Arnold with the finishing line in sight?

Yes I am. But there are still some things to do. I still have to do some decals (the swastika's and stencilling). Most of the time now needed is for the drying after a new coat of klear/paint.

I always wait a day to let the coat completely cure. But If it's drying there are so much more other things to do, like for example detail panting of the undercarriage.

I used this technique in the past fior the undercarriage doors on a US Navy plane. They all have red lining and on a white background that is ideal.

I have done some work yesterday. It were all the decals. I still have to do some small decals this evening. I almost forgot those for the trimtabs.

Than there will be anothere Klear coat. And then the panellines can be put in. After that it is another clear (dull) coat and than put all the small stuf on.

But that is a job for the weekend hopefully. Because I don't have any time left this week. So there will be no update with pictures untill the weekend.

These are the pictures taken during and after putting the sludge on. This is for the panellines.

The sludge is easy to use and you don't get that awfull smell of white spirit in your hole house.

Sludge is 5 parts water, 3 parts fairy and 2 parts tamiya paint. If you use it you should use it on a smooth surface (like with decals). You can wipe it away with some moist paper towel.

It just took me about a hour to do the 190.

some fotos during the sludge process

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

The model after it was done

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

This how far I have got today. Now I still have to seal it in (later today) with a new coat of dull clear paint and after this it will be finishing the models with putting al the small stuff on.

And als doing some suttle weathering.

Thanks for the sludge recipe. Guess what I'll be trying on my next build?

Steve

You just have to remember that it hase to be used on a smooth {shiny} Surface. You can use al sorts of mixed colours as well so there is no limitation on what colour you are going to use. I mostly use a mix of black and dark brown. I let it dry for about 15 minuts and then remove the rest. If it isn't enough you can always resuply it. I mix it in a clean tamiya jar. After use just close the jar and it's reusable just stir it and it's ready for use. My Sludge is now a couple of months old. If you mix it don't shake but stir it otherwise you all get bubles in it from the fairy.

Edited by Arniec

Thanxs guys.

the undercarriage and the wheels are now in place. It hase to dry before I can put some strain on it.

I hope to do a update at the end of the week or the weekend.

Hi Guys,

Here are a few pictures I made a couple of days ago. There are some pictures of the undercariage and the fixing of the cockpit hood.

Here are two pictures of the cockpit hood after putting the head rest on. This was done with some streched sprue. the excess was cut of after the whole part hade dryed.

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

Here are some pictures of the undercarriage in progress

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

This is the tailwheel after completion

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

I will put on some more pictures of the progress in a few minutes.

Edited by Arniec

Again some pictures of the almost finished model.

The armament and the cockpit hood was placed and the weathering was done. I also placed the propellor and the antenna wire. There is a small cone shaped piece near the end of the wire. I made this one from streched sprue. I first dirilled it than filled it more to shape and then cut it of and placed it on the wire before I glued it to the tail.

Guns and wing pitot tube

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

Weathering

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

Antenna wire

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2712.jpg

Complete model

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

Nearly there. I just have to paint the antenna wire the right colour and do a little bit of paint chipping and then it's finished.

I will place the pictures of the finished model this weekend.

It was a joy and great privelige to work with you guys. There are some realy great builds in this groups build and I hope to do it again some time in the future.

Edited by Arniec

Yes, It's finished!!!!

Here are some foto's of the finished model.

IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2731.jpg

I hope you like it. This was a great build. I can't wait to do the next one. Thanxs for all the support and the kind words. :thumbsup2: