Fw-190 A1 II./JG 1 conversion hasegawa Fw/190 A5

Painting third stage

Here are some pictures of the painting of the RLM 74 and RLM 75 colours. I did it yesterday evening in about a 3 hours session.

A few pictures after taping the model and putting the blue tack on.

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

Here are a few pictures after painting with and without tape

IMG_2664.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

Here are some pictures after putting the mottle and work on the paint edge

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

And finaly two pictures after all the tape hase been removed

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

I know there is a finger print on one of the fotos, but it hase already been smoothed out and after painting that part black (in a later stage) there will be nothing more to see there. afret looking at the pictures I have seen some things that I have to correct before I can put the Klear on.

This is now the final stage befor the first coat of Klear. I will pray that on today. After that hase dried I ame going to paint all the crosses and the sharkmouth on.

Untill next time.

Edited by Arniec

Lovely work Arnold.

I'm sure people will find these photo's very useful in doing Luftwaffe schemes as they are very clear and informative.

Steve

Thanxs Steve,

I hope it will be usefull to some of the guys. I have used this method for years now and it hase never failed me. The only point you have to keep in mind is to thin your paint properly and always seal the other paint of with enough tape.

Very nice progress with that paint job. And gotta love blu tac for the purpose of a good camo line, do the same myself.

I hope that Blue tac is never gonna leave like the old Klear did. Luckily I got a old bottle of klear from a good friend (Thanxs Tony).

Small update.

Here are three fotos from this evening after putting the klear on. I also drybrushed the gun barrels and gave them also a coat of klear.

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

Very nice Arnold.

As for Blu-Tac, I've used it as well.

However, if you can get the white one it has less chemicals in it that can be left on the kit if left on for a while.

Thanxs for the tip. This is new to me. :thumbsup2:

Thanxs for the tip. This is new to me. :thumbsup2:

Many moons ago I did an Aggressor using the Tamiya 1/32 F-16. After the painting had been done I removed the masking tape and Blu-Tak and there was some residue left on. I took it along to my local club where a couple of the guys suggested using the white tak as it doesn't do that. So I did and guess what? It doesn't.

That's what I like about this hobby. You never stop learning new techniques.

Steve

Great neat work Arnold, but why bother masking at all, you did the wings without masks so why the fuselage? Just think of the money you'd save on masking tape! Still if thats the method that works for you, why change.

Great neat work Arnold, but why bother masking at all, you did the wings without masks so why the fuselage? Just think of the money you'd save on masking tape! Still if thats the method that works for you, why change.

Thanxs

I know you are wright, But mostly if I don´t do it I get lots of overspray and than I can do it all over again. You know beter save then sorry.

the fourth painting stage

again some pictures of painting the 190. This time I have painted the crosses, the nr 7 and the sharkmouth. Exept for the sharkmouth I used some masks from Montex.

In my enthusiasm I forgot to paint the eyes. A well I will do them tomorrow.

Painting the white parts.

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

Painting the red parts. After this was dry the rest of the masks were placed before the black was going on.

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

Painting the black parts.

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

Here is the sharkmouth. I first painted it white, then put on the teeth with some cut out tape. Than the red edge was masked with Humbrol maskol. and last a little bit of black

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

After some sweating if it hade all gone well I removed all the masking and this is the result. I am quit pleased with it.

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

Here are also some pictures of the landing gear after a coat of paint.

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

You guys must be getting tired of me now, by putting all these pictures on the site. If nothing goes wrong it will be finished before the end of the groups build

I never get tired of looking at peoples builds. You must be proud of how the markings have turned out. Please keep the pics coming.

Thanxs guys, And yes I am quit proud of it.

Here are the promiced pictures of the eyes.

I have first put on the white, than black. The black around the eyes was done with a black pen and the eyebrowe was painted with a fine brush.

But let the pictures speak for them selve.

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

The black pen is a good idea . I bet it looks even meaner with the spinner on !

The pen idea yes and no. Yes if you use it on a matt coat of paint. I hade to do some cleaning up, because the black inkt creept under the tape. Luckely the klear helpt it from sticking to the paint and i was able to remove it with a cotton swap. Ilater realised that I should have removed the tape first. You live and learn. The best pens usable are the water proof ones and with a very small tip.

It does look meaner with the spinner on. Now that the paint is on it looks more like a realy early version and I am quite happy with it. I have just put a new coat of Klear on to protect all the painting done this weekend. I still have to do the decals and some detail painting. After that it will be ready to finish it off. I am still on shedule to have it ready before the end of the groups build.