Lockheed Hudson Mk. IV - Italeri/MPM 1/72

Hi everyone,

Well, it's finally been beaten into submission! :yahoo:

This has been one of my more drawn out builds, but it's more due to work commitments than any real issues with the kit. On the whole, I'd say it's been something of a learning experience as this is actually my first proper foray into building a limited run kit. There have been times when I've enjoyed the "problem solving" aspects of the construction, but I've also been completely scunnered with it and haven't touched it for days! ;)

Now, the BIG question: Would I build another? Possibly, but at the moment I only need one for the collection. I would certainly tackle another MPM kit as it's given me enough practice! :wicked:

WIP thread HERE.

Hudson 13

Hudson 14

Hudson 15

Hudson 16

Hudson 17

Hudson 18

Comments welcome! :thumbsup2:

Now, where did I put that Hasegawa A6M2.....?

Mike. :)

Edited by MikeR
  • Like 9

Its nice to see that you finished it and did such a good job of it too! Just like you I`ve had a pair of these on the go for over a year now but they keep getting consigned back to the box in between stages, although I`m almost ready to paint them now, seeing yours has given me the `bump' that I needed to get them out of the box again, so thanks for sharing your lovely model with us,

Cheers

Tony

PS- It looks great in Aussie markings too.

I bet you're glad you persevered now. Thats a fine model and a nice colour scheme from the norm. Makes me think of trying another.....I do have the Lodestar version from Special Hobby..

Edited by Paul J

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated! B)

Its nice to see that you finished it and did such a good job of it too! Just like you I`ve had a pair of these on the go for over a year now but they keep getting consigned back to the box in between stages, although I`m almost ready to paint them now, seeing yours has given me the `bump' that I needed to get them out of the box again, so thanks for sharing your lovely model with us,

Cheers

Tony

PS- It looks great in Aussie markings too.

Thanks Tony! Hearing that from you means a lot - your magazine articles have given me real enjoyment and inspiration over the years. :worthy:

I bet you're glad you persevered now. Thats a fine model and a nice colour scheme from the norm. Makes me think of trying another.....I do have the Lodestar version from Special Hobby..

Perseverance and not a little stubborn bloody-mindedness! I wasn't going to let this begger off the hook! :devil:

Mike. :)

Images re-linked! Not one of the easiest kits to put together, but it can be done! The model is still intact but is now very yellow due to the gloss varnish used to get a good surface for the decals. I've now switched over to Humbrol Gloss Clear and Revell Gloss acrylic varnish for that part of the build process

Mike.:)

• Like 1

Good work ! The extra work with this kit was rewarded with an attractive kit in your display cabinet. ( and a rare sight in the WWW )

Nice Spitfire as well.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys!

I'll admit I still feel a sense of achievement whenever I look at it! Hopefully another manufacturer will come out with an easier-to-build kit, but if not, well, I'm aware of the dos and don'ts now. I'm still tempted to have a go at another one so I can have a RNZAF version.

Mike.:)