Moebius Moonbus

TonyG

After restarting the TSR2 in the KUTA IV thread, I was looking for something to do while the putty dried... and my eyes fell on the Moonbus. So here we go...

Obligatory box and bags

6817699037_049f662f22_b.jpg

And the first night's progress. I've actually done a bit more than this now, pics of that later.

6817641379_f7f4904074_b.jpg

Edited by TonyG

This kit is more canon than most give it credit for, it has been been proved that Aurora had access to to MGM's art dept's drawings for the filmiming miniature when they manufactured the kit. Moebius, back engineered thier kit from the the Aurora one, with a few corrections. Moebius improved many of the fit issues that were inherent in the Aurora kit, including the infamous the upper and a lower hull warp they also they added the canon non-conformal glazing.

Must have after after-market corrections are the the Stargazer accurate interior and thge Pargrafix boosters and back wall ones.

Marty...

2001: A Space Odyssey was written by Arthur C. Clarke and Stanley Kubrick and was produced and directed by Mr. Kubrick from 1964 until it's theatrical release in April 1968.

Marty...

Thanks, a film I've seen bits and pieces of but not the whole shooting match

I've seen all the aftermarket stuff but I'm just going to do this one straight from the box. One thign I did notice was there are no helmets for the passengers - think these were actually stowed near the equipment at the front of the cabin iirc - will have to check the DVD for that again now.