Great work there Dan :thumbsup: .

I have often thought of having ago at thease bigger ships/boats.

We have a model boat club near me and am doing some figures for one of the guys for his boats(1/24).

So the bug is beginning to get me.

Following this build :popcorn::popcorn:

Cheers foxy :coolio:

Hi Gregg, its on the back burner for the moment, i'll becoming back to it later this year.

Dan

Looking forward to seeing it finished and on the water!

Gregg

• 2 weeks later...

sweet.

• 4 years later...

It's been a fair few years since I put this one down on the table of doom, 

Moved house and now I have the urge to finish this one off, to be fair it's not far from finishing 

but the house move has taken it's toll. A couple of the resin parts got broken and the bits lost :confused:

I also miss placed the remaining bits to complete the build but found them last week after a tidy up in the workshop.

I think I bought this kit direct from George Turner at the Leamington Spa boat show back in 2006 that Longshanks and I 

attended, Longshanks has built finished and probably sunk his kit so I thought I best get mine done.

A small part of the Vickers twin gun mount was the first victim and I decided to scratch build the lost arm from the mount.

I'm also making the mount for the sight unit which wasn't included in the base kit.

Please remember that this kit is not an exact scale model but a fun RC boat, some details have been simplified and ruggedized to allow for this so I'll not embellish 

details too much. It's such a shame that George Turner has finished these kits now as they are really well thought out and work a treat. 

P1050732

P1050731

P1050730

One of the bollards got busted and lost, I need to scratch this item yet.

P1050733

5 years worth of dust almost removed.

P1050734

P1050735

I'll be dipping in and out of this build along side my 436 conversion 🙂 

Cheers for looking 

Dan 

• Like 6

:wow:Dan I never would have thought that you built floating things just goes to show that the quiet ones are often multi talented following along. :popcorn:

beefy 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers Beefy , I do like to dabble in other areas of the hobby every now and again,

but  i’m not  going to the nth degree on detailing this one but just treating as a bit of fun :D

Dan 

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

I do like to dabble in other areas of the hobby every now and again,

It's cos I beat him with a big stick :rofl2:

Brings back fond memories. Rock up to a boating lake, slip this diminutive little thing in the water. Wait for the Ohs & Ahs then Blam it took of like a rocket ship

Kev

• Haha 2

Cheers chaps, :yes:

So an hour at then bench tonight has enabled me to rough out the gun sight, It's far from accurate and again just a bit of detail 

to catch the eye. Just a few bits of brass rod and plastic. 

P1050736

P1050737

P1050738

P1050739

Ta for looking in 

Dan 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, longshanks said:

It's cos I beat him with a big stick :rofl2:

Brings back fond memories. Rock up to a boating lake, slip this diminutive little thing in the water. Wait for the Ohs & Ahs then Blam it took of like a rocket ship

All of a sudden I have just got a picture in my head of you two as Morcombe and Wise

Flat caps and Mack's slowly walking up to a boat lake and then going hell for leather at anything on the water turns out like a scene from Pulp Fiction  :mg:

beefy

• Haha 2

Started to add the last few resin bits of detail now, primer soon.

I have some port holes left and the deck fittings, adding the scale rudder bracket today, no scale rudders fitted to these though, one of the compromises for it being RC.

The bar is not yet glued to the bottom bracket hence the odd angle, the flagstaffs or what ever they are called are not yet glued on.

All of the PE parts are etched steel, a right pain to cut and clean up.

P1050744

P1050742

P1050741

P1050740

Cheers for looking in 

Dan 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

Looks good - they seem at slightly different angles though, is that on purpose, camera distortion, or has one moved? :S

They look okay to me :D It might be a tad higher than the resin one but I can live with it :yes:  Tis close enough for MOD work 

P1050747

P1050748

P1050749

• Like 1

Last few bits now going on, still have the deck fittings to sort such as the life raft, life rings, anchor and some coils of rope, these will get painted up and then added.

Inside of the wheelhouse has had a shot of black paint.

P1050750

P1050751

P1050752

P1050754

P1050753

Cheers again for stopping by 

Dan 

• Like 2

The crew have had a blast of primer, I think the guys who manned these boats were referenced 

as " those Iron men in the wooden boats "  you must of been mad or hard as nails to get up and close to the enemy 

on one of  those boats on my book.

P1050757

P1050756

P1050757

A fair bit of cleaning up on the crew yet but they are actually quite good.

Cheers

Dan 

• Like 3

Last few portholes are done, that really finishes up the main build, the rest will get done 

once painted up, so it's looking for flaws, sanding and filling now , mainly on the hull.

P1050758

P1050759

P1050760

Cheers for looking 

Dan 

• Like 1

Removable deck sections now primed up, wait now for it to cure off and make a start filling some of the pin holes in the resin castings.

P1050761

P1050762

P1050763

P1050764

Cheers

Dan 

• Like 2

It's looking proper now you've got some primer down.  That's quite an investment in Mr Paint I see before me too 💰

Did you consult @BIG X about his consent to your copyright infringement of his posts? :wicked:

• Thanks 1

Started cleaning up the crew figures,  they need another going over with some primer though, I dropped the Helmsman

onto the floor and broke the rim of his tin helmet :confused: but managed to repair it with magic sculpt.

P1050765

The gunner need to be tilted back a bit I think so he's looking through the sight.

P1050766

P1050767

Primer for the main hull next and then cut some windows for the cabin from clear plastic.

Dan 

• Like 2