Last phots of the day,

Some anti slip I think , I'll have to adjust this as one is wider than the other. I've blown a seal on the TR-1 airbrush 

which is gutting so I'll have to use my old Badger for the rest until I can replace the seal.

P1050841

P1050842

P1050843

P1050844

Cheers

Dan 

• Like 9

Cheers for the like and comments chaps :yes:

The latest photo's, the antislip area around the turret is done.

P1050846

P1050849

P1050850

P1050851

The last few bits to paint and add to the build 

P1050848

Cheers 

Dan 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, JohnWS said:

Awesome looking build Dan.

Sorry if I missed this when reading your thread, but can you tell me the boat's scale?

Thanks,

John 

Hi John,

I think it's about 1/38th ish, I know George designed the kit around the Vac forming machine that he has so hence the weird scale.

Regards

Dan 

• Thanks 1

Figures …. My fav thing to paint :o Not really, its been a while since I painted up a figure 

so its back to re learning what has been forgotten. 

These are only blocked out giving the basic colours, flesh tone is just one colour at the moment  but with a dark brown wash, I use this to map out the face

so I can add the various shades and highlights later on. 

P1050852

P1050853

more later I'm afraid 

• Like 1

Looks great so far - where are you going to sail it when you're done?  Can't think of anywhere nearby, but then I never needed to cos I don't have a boat to play with :shrug:

Cheers chaps,  To be honest Mike, I dunno , its probably going to spend most of it's time of the shelf :hmmm:

So a bit more progress on the figures, these are not my best effort at all and they are still not yet finished.

The hot weather is causing havoc with my paints, the acrylics are drying far to fast even with a retarder for me to blend them properly 

so The Officer figure just has his pants painted at the moment.

P1050855

P1050856

P1050858

P1050859

They do add to the build overall and I'm happy with them but not blown away :hmmm:...yet 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

To be honest Mike, I dunno , its probably going to spend most of it's time of the shelf :hmmm:

Well our bath is a bit bigger than the last time you visited, so you could always sail it there ^_^ Might have trouble turning it round though :hmmm:

12 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

The hot weather is causing havoc with my paints

We're not scheduled for any respite from the heat any time soon... no snow forecast for the next two weeks at least :raincloud:

• Haha 1

So a bit more done of the figures, late last night as it was cooler 

in the workshop. The anti slip on the deck has been adjusted 

so they are both the same width.

P1050869

P1050865

P1050867

P1050868

P1050870

Cheers

Dan 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Very, very nice indeed and for such a large scale I think the detail is commendable.

Figures look good too!

Rob

Cheers Rob :yes:  

So the last few details added,  ropes, boat hooks and what I think are fire extinguishers, more weathering on the decks to go yet and some detail painting up on the bridge area, some more rigging  

but it's almost done now 

P1050881

P1050880

P1050879

P1050878

P1050877

Cheers for looking 

Dan 

• Like 4

Looking lovely Dan! I just had a ferret around the inter web and found a photo of a model of MTB 58 and that has the darker grey lower hull - very much like the box top illustration for the Airfix Vosper but then the antifouling runs right to the bow - but then the Airfix Vosper stops at around 1/4 way back so thats probably where I've got that idea from!

In truth, I expect there were quite a few variations to the camouflage, especially depending on whether they were UK Coastal Forces or in the Med and your boat captures the 'feel' of a well used MTB extremely well - it will put a lot of r/c scale boats to shame, I know that much!! (former chairman of Potteries MBC and bit of a scale boater!)

• Thanks 1

Cheers Simon :yes:   Cheers for letting us know that I'm not too far adrift :D 

Also cheers everyone for the likes, it's all appreciated.

Todays slow progress, one more rigging wire added to the left of the wheel house, depth charges have been roughly painted up but still need weathering

yet. Wheelhouse/ Bridge has had the first pass of grime and detail painting.  I have a white ensign flag on order so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.   

P1050882

P1050883

P1050885

P1050887

I've got some work to do on the RC side of the build, finding a way to secure the battery and top hatch plus waterproofing the receiver, could be sea trials this week :pirate:

Regards

Dan 

• Like 6

Nice job on the waterline.  Very convincing.

The waterline on MTB's were pretty grimy from a combination of oil, fuel ... and algae floating on the water's surface.

Here's a colour photo of BPB MTB 460's bow showing the dirty waterline.

29312528048_9718faf614.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JohnWS said:

Nice job on the waterline.  Very convincing.

The waterline on MTB's were pretty grimy from a combination of oil, fuel ... and algae floating on the water's surface.

Here's a colour photo of BPB MTB 460's bow showing the dirty waterline.

29312528048_9718faf614.jpg

Cheers John, that photo really does show it well, just what I needed to see fella :yes:

Dcrfan, again cheers for the link very useful :D