Been working on this for a while now, I bought it about 6 years ago and forgot all about it

until recently. Great kit and if you can find one well worth the effort. Its a limited run vac and resin kit suitable for

RC, I've added a speed 400 motor and a mini servo with a 20 amp esc which will give a good turn of speed.

Detail wise she's very good above the waterline but the running gear is set up for RC so not scale.

CIMG1575.jpg

CIMG1574.jpg

CIMG1577.jpg

CIMG1578.jpg

CIMG1579.jpg

CIMG1581.jpg

CIMG1582.jpg

CIMG1580.jpg

Enjoy

Dan

• Like 3

Fancy water cooling jackets eh?

Now if you know someone with a lathe, a little knowledge of electronics, and plenty of explosives, I see no reason why 1/40 scale torpedos couldn't be made to work.

If only you knew such a person.

Nice boat though :D

Nick

Fancy water cooling jackets eh?

Now if you know someone with a lathe, a little knowledge of electronics, and plenty of explosives, I see no reason why 1/40 scale torpedos couldn't be made to work.

If only you knew such a person.

Nice boat though :D

Nick

Now , let me think.......... I wonder who has a lathe ? B)

The lighting's a bit one-directional (not a crap boy band, before you start!), but we get the gist. It looks much more purposeful with the torpedo tubes onboard. I can't wait to see you try it on one of the huge puddles collecting on one of the many holes in the road :hmmm:

Looks very nice to me. Could we please have some more details on the r/c gear for those of us that have the Italeri Vosper but know nothing about radio control gear?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I've fitted. 40 MHz futaba RC setup in the Vosper, PCM rx and a micro servo for the rudder. Motor is a graupner speed 400 7.2v direct drive controlled by a Mtroniks viper 20 marine esc 20A rated. Battery will be a 2000 mah NiMh battery pack, I should get approx 45 minutes run time with this setup. I'm getting pretty close to max weight with this kit and any battery over 2000 NiMh pushes the displacement below scale, as higher the battery capacity the more weight. Lipo batteries are considerably lighter for the same capacity and offer greater performance.

For the italeri kit you will need to run brushless motors and Lipo batteries to keep the weight right down to give it some decent performance. I' d do a google search and have a look at what other folk are doing with RCing the italeri kit, I've read a few good articles on the 35th scale Vosper none are what I'd call cheap though !!

HTH

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
Those figures look nice - is the gunner moulded into his enclosure, or is he separate? :)

Hi Mike, the gunner is seperate from the gun tub, they are not bad tbh, just a shame that George has stopped the kit business totally now.

Dave,Jim cheers for the comments, so farthe bridge is in her primer just needing somemore primer for the hull.

Regards

Dan

• 1 year later...