1/32 - Lockheed F-104G/S Starfighter by Italeri - released - new upgraded RF-104G boxing released

Homebee

Great news plus the new tool RAF Jaguar in 48th scale - top news

Is this Italeri's first 32nd scale aeroplane?

Will

Yes and no.

No because they already issued a 1/32 Sabre.. that is however a simple rebox of the Kinetic kit

Yes because it's the first 1/32 aeroplane they issue on their own... although rumours are that some far east company is involved in this one, so it might not be a 100% Italeri job.

The old small range of 1/32 helicopters does not count as these are not aeroplanes.. :D

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The CADs + markings profiles

Source: http://www.italeri.com/news_scheda.asp?idNews=289

Dear Friends, here below we would like to show some CAD pictures of our new 1:32 scale F-104 Starfighter. We would like to accompany you, with news and previews, up to the launching on the market of this very detailed scale model kit. Furthermore we have add the color profiles of the several version that you will be able to realise thanks to the Huge Decals Sheet included in the kit.

934972_485712814834677_820518299_n.jpg

941291_485712638168028_742241319_n+(1).j

181419_485712784834680_690480759_n.jpg

923394_485712701501355_878833464_n.jpg

2502_9profili_vert.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Very nice

Hopefully they will have all the necessary parts to differentiate between the G and S versions

Any update on release dates or still just sometime 2013 maybe?

Don't get too excited, to do the changes from G to S requires new intakes and tail exhaust outlet, cockpit layout, different pylon positions etc, if Italeri follows the normal practice then you well get the same airframe with the extra ventral fins, the rest the aftermarket companies will pick up and provide the correct pats for each variant, me i would like to see it in1/24 but that's me, as Onosendi said "Yes, but it's only a card box, I want to see the content" Christmas release just in time for the 1/48 DACO conversion release.

• Like 1

The CAD files don't say anything concrete, we will see later, the profiles resemble those that I have on a book dated 1980, could do something better today. The package will contain the additional parts for the "S" version, the 51-55 profile is actually a F-104S.

. The package will contain the additional parts for the "S" version, the 51-55 profile is actually a F-104S.

That is excellent news as I want to do an "S" version and it saves me compromising on my Hasegawa model in the stash which can be done as a "G" now - which of course it is and not a G/S as stated on Hasegawa's box

• 3 months later...

Not being an F-104 expert can we tell yet if has all the nuts and bolts to make both an "S" and a "G" or are we looking at compromise and future AM to make the "S" still.

Will be interesting to see it in the plastic and compare against the old Hasegawa tooling which was pretty good for its time and still is a decent model today

Being no expert myself Italeri also includes two different intakes it seems - So I assume they cover S and G with this kit.

Edit: What makes me wonder is why they make the tail seperate. There is no engine included (and no full depth intakes) to show and if they plan no F-104A I can only assume it either saves costs (smaller mould) or they plan to release a seperate detail set which includes the engine???

On the other hand the clear parts are not shown so maybe there is another sprue missing. Though I think this is unlikely.

Edited by Caerbannog

The kit will have all the proper features of the S version. The sprue shots show not only both types of intakes but also two different ventral fins with the standard G and the one with a more raked leading edge typical of the S, a detail no F-104 kit has reproduced to date

Edit: What makes me wonder is why they make the tail seperate.

From my sources and knowledge of the Italeri business strategies don't think that will make other versions, so I'm already working on the conversion to C of this model with decals (Vietnam style...)

From my sources and knowledge of the Italeri business strategies don't think that will make other versions, so I'm already working on the conversion to C of this model with decals (Vietnam style...)

From the sprues I would not expect bad surprises if I were you. I bet you are pretty safe with any conversion for this kit.

At last, As many says, not my scale, but as it is a Starfighter and my favorite airplane the future is saved as modellbuilder. This kit is a beauti, has it all, next must be the A/C version. My biggest Starfighter is in 1:18 scale, USAF F-104C, beautiful! So next scale must be 1:12 :0) Thank you Italeri!

On the other hand the clear parts are not shown so maybe there is another sprue missing. Though I think this is unlikely.

I think there IS another sprue missing. The box art states that there's a fully detailed engine included, and looking at the sprue shots I can't see any sign of even an exhaust nozzle on them. I reckon the engine bits are on another sprue which wasn't ready for the unveiling, or they just didn't put it on the FB page.

Either that or they modelled it on a museum exhibit that'd had the engine removed...

Looking forward to seeing this one when it comes out,

Dean