1/32 - Lockheed F-104G/S Starfighter by Italeri - released - new upgraded RF-104G boxing released

Homebee

16 hours ago, mirageiv said:

I think this also tbh, merely optimism on my part in my post! I suppose they would make a bigger announcement of it, if it were the case. 

The release of the TF-104G will likely be the same CAD fuselage with the TF-104 front also. Because of these fuselage panel lines I still prefer the much older Hasegawa kit to work with as a base. The best F-104 in 1/32 is probably still a hybrid/kitbash of the two if wanting the perfect representation in model form to iron out the inaccuracies of both. 

The Italeri kit was originally meant to be in cooperation with Revell Germany (which I assume would have had more finesse imparted by Revell), they pulled out but it isn't totally off the cards from Revell to release a new kit someday when I spoke to them. Well, before all the current financial implications. 

I would suggest that is quite a reasonable prospect as, Revell are reissuing the Italeri  1/32 Mirage 111E in December 2018 (at a much lower price as well - £36.95). Peerhaps cooperation is on again?

Allan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albeback52 said:

I would suggest that is quite a reasonable prospect as, Revell are reissuing the Italeri  1/32 Mirage 111E in December 2018 (at a much lower price as well - £36.95). Peerhaps cooperation is on again?

Allan

Hi Allan, as you say, the word cooperation WRT the Mirage IIIE is Italeri plastic with Revell decals (very good plan imo). Where as the F-104G/S  was originally planned as dual project in design between both the companies where I assume Revell no doubt would have would have imparted some of their qualities such as usually very well done surface details. A shame this didn't happen (we can assume probs for financial reasons) but at least Italeri are giving us most of the F-104 series in 1/32 which still makes me very happy. AFV Club had one in design that looked very nice in the CAD but I'm not sure what happened to it.

David 

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, mirageiv said:

Hi Allan, as you say, the word cooperation WRT the Mirage IIIE is Italeri plastic with Revell decals (very good plan imo). Where as the F-104G/S  was originally planned as dual project in design between both the companies where I assume Revell no doubt would have would have imparted some of their qualities such as usually very well done surface details. A shame this didn't happen (we can assume probs for financial reasons) but at least Italeri are giving us most of the F-104 series in 1/32 which still makes me very happy. AFV Club had one in design that looked very nice in the CAD but I'm not sure what happened to it.

David 

Hi David. I would personally have preferred the Mirage IIIC but, what the hell!! At the new price who's complaining!:D. Hope the IIIC follows. The current RRP for the Italeri Starfighters is away out of my affordability league but, a (hopeful) Revell reissue in future would be great!

Allan

• Like 1

• 9 months later...