1/32 - North American B-25J & H Mitchell by HK Models - released

Homebee

I will agree the UK price is a joke, but not a surprise.

When I saw $170 I thought yep that will be £170 and I hate to be proved right.

I think also a lot of people would have got one at £100 to £125 but £170, no I dont think so.

Julien

Count me in the No catagory , now I've spent more on a kit in the past, for example my ZM Sykraider order came to around £200, but I have to think that the £170 is a mistake on the part of whoever is setting the UK price ,

I'm used to shelling out big bucks for 32nd kits , but this is just too much , when compared to the US price , to mind unjustifiably so .. I know I can probably bring it in from the far east , or the Us, but again we face the wrath of HMRC.. and the with that the price differential just disappears...

£110-£130 I could justify, but 170 , no way , especially not on new company ..

I would love a 1/32 B-25 but the UK price is just too much. Goodness knows what the B-17 and Lancaster price will be.

If I bought one then it would be from a US or Hong Kong supplier. Get it shipped to my daughter in Dallas and then bring it home when I next visit her. That way I can benefit from the US pricing and avoid any chance of import costs if I bought via eBay/the web.

It'll be probably be the same with the WingsXL kits. However their proposed Mosquito is a must so I'll watch the prices of these with great interest.

When these were first mooted they were going to be around £75 each. So what happend to raise the price by another £100?

i thought the same, when these were to be bought out by wingscale i had one on order and im sure the price was sub £100

I would only part with that sort of money for a pucker FGR2... £170 ????? Will be interesting to see how many they sell and who will stock them.. Who wants dead stock sitting on there shelves..

Neil

Edited by neilfgr2

• 1 year later...

B-25H "Gunship" on approach - 01E03.

Release expected in March 2014

Source: http://www.pacmodels.com/news.php

News and Status 1/19/14
Catalog at: www.pacmodels.com. E-mail at: [email protected].
HK Models announces their new kit of a 1:32 USAAF B-25H "Gunship" (HKM 32 01E03) with the 75mm cannon. ETA is March and we are taking pre-orders for it. It will also be available in a "Deluxe" kit (HKM 32 01E03 DK) with the HK Models Metal Landing Gear & Nose Wheel Weight. Here is the link:
http://www.pacmodelscatalog.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCM&Category_Code=HKMAir132

(...)

HKM%2032%2001E03%20B-25H%20boxart.jpg

Source: http://www.hk-models.de/p2_03.htm

b25h_box-artwork.jpg
p2__poto_poto__aa002_aa003.jpg
01E03 B-25H Mitchell Gun Ship

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

New boxing on approach - ref. HKM01E024 - North American B-25J Mitchell - Glass Nose, Version 2. Mediterranean Theater of Operations (MTO)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/MeritIntlLtd/posts/2801196143305276

Hong Kong Model will soon release version 2 of their popular 1/32 B25J model kit. Version 1 of this kit has been discontinued for over one year.

Version 2 will have the markings of:
- "Miss Mitchell" of 380th BS/310 BG
- "M MR" of 447th BS/321 BG

The kit will feature the striking box art illustration by Piotr Forkasiewicz.

86615278-2801195329972024-81069206371565

86973259-2801194203305470-78428216507215

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - North American B-25J & H Mitchell by HK Models - released - new boxing in March 2021
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - North American B-25J & H Mitchell by HK Models - released - new boxing in June 2021

I took delivery of my 1/32 B-25 undercarriage metal set yesterday from Ali at AEROCRAFT MODELS and it is a superb piece of work with tremendous details and fit. Given these B-25 kits need about 8 ozs of weight up front to avoid being a tail sitter (see any review), I have zero confidence in the kits plastic detailed but structurally weak undercarriage set holding up over time.

If you are going to spend £150+ on base kit, plus AM and then probably 100+ hours working on it, why skimp on ensuring that it will stay on its legs for a mere £25.00...?

Buy with 100% confidence in a great product and at a great price.

Gary

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - North American B-25J & H Mitchell by HK Models - released - new boxing in 2022

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - North American B-25J & H Mitchell by HK Models - released