1/32 - North American B-25J & H Mitchell by HK Models - released

Homebee

The former WingScale XL 1/32nd North American B-25J Mitchell kit project ( http://www.hyperscale.com/2011/galleries/b25j32jv_1.htm ) will be edited by HK Models.

Source: http://www.primeportal.net/models/thomas_voigt6/hk_models/

KONICA-MINOLTA-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

And a B-25H is also programmed http://www.hk-models.com/eng/p2_03.htm

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Given the rather dubious nature of their origin, I 'm wondering how much support there will be for these kits? Or will 32nd fever suppress this?

Jonners

It'll not make one jot of difference, one does not need a crystal ball to see Meteor selling by the bucket load.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

Given the rather dubious nature of their origin, I 'm wondering how much support there will be for these kits? Or will 32nd fever suppress this?

Jonners

I don't know the full story either, But I don't think as soon as they hit the shelves that no one will buy them. Specially the Meatbox... and a personaly fav for me, the B-25 'gun nose'.

I don't know the full story either, But I don't think as soon as they hit the shelves that no one will buy them. Specially the Meatbox... and a personaly fav for me, the B-25 'gun nose'.

Me too, Betty's Dream with a big evil looking bat draped over the nose...but a 1/32 Lanc???

They seem to have missed out the Rocket "Zell" points for "Betty's Dream".

Phil

It was going to be a seperate release when still under the Wingscale name, so I'm hoping they will release one too. Some flipping nice stuff coming out soon!

Won't be getting them coz they're too big for a the house, nowhere to put them. Maybe the meteor.

Paul Harrison

Pacific Coast Models Inc. news

We are please to announce that we have been appointed by HK Models to distribute their new 1:32 scale B-25J kits (in the USA). The first kit (HKM 32 01E01) we will be receiving is the bomber version with the glass nose. It is up in our catalog now and we are taking pre-orders. ETA next month.

B-25J Mitchell Bomber w/Glass Nose. Taking Pre-orders!
Code: HKM 32 01E01
Price: $169.95

Link: http://www.pacmodelscatalog.com/mm5/mercha..._Code=HKMAir132
happy-131.gif

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

These will be imported to the uk by tigerhobbies

If anyone requires details i can find them out for you

Price and contact details would be good. I can say I have not heard of them.

Julien

When I first saw this model I thought that a 1/32 B 25 would be nice, its quite an interesting aircraft and would look good in that scale so I decided to go for a pre-order even though the manufacturer was new to the market and the quality and accuracy of their product was unknown. I guessed a price circa £75 - £125 tops and a quality about Trumpy standards so was not expecting perfection.

Having read the estimated price a few days ago and having slept on it a few times I think I might cancel my pre-order and wait to see if we are getting a Tamiya/ Zoukei Mura quality piece of plastic first before deciding whether to spend what is all but £200 less the price of a take away for two/three on it. I hope its worth it and if it is I might still buy one though I think other models that are far less expensive float my boat a bit more than say a B25. I suspect its because I am a Brit and I am sure it will sell well in the USA though.

One issue the manufacturer might have to deal with is price competition comparison. With Revell Germany banging out a decent (one might say very good even) quality 1/32 He111, Ju88, Arado 196 (typically £25 -50 price range) and we hear a He 219 to come all at much more realistic prices the consumer base might just think twice about paying £170 for a B25 unless its something really special. And its not just Revell - the Airfix 1/24 Mosquito while not cheap is a very good model from a known established manufacturer. In summary I would not be a happy customer if I had shelled out £170 for a B 25 and then found a list of errors on reviews and the need to buy another pile of resin to correct the engine nacells or the shape of the fins or that the fuselage was wrong in cross section or whatever. For £170 I expect it to be "right" and frankly top quality, not perfect perhaps but top quality with only the most minor of problems to address. Given this is the first model I have seen from these people I think I'll be cautious and hold off for now till the verdict is in.

And even if I do purchase one I can't see me rushing to buy a second one anytime ever.

I hope its a success for them as I would really like to see some of their other planned subjects hit the shelves in the future.

Or is it just me being the archytypical mean parsimonious Scot again ? !!