Italeri to release 1/48 Jaguar

KoenL

I'm looking forward to this, I only ever built one Airfix Jag when it first came out and enjoyed it. A few of these in the stash for the cold winter nights would be nice.....................might even do a T.2 conversion

At last!

Put me down for one in proper green/grey camo. Nothing and I mean NOTHING looks good overall grey.

Trevor

Ahem: http://www.aviation-picture-hangar.co.uk/xr754.html

You were saying....? ;)

But to stay on topic, I'm looking forward to his release too, except that MRC in the United States will jack the price up to the stratosphere!

Andy

I would add that the F-101 and F-106 look absolutely mouth-watering in plain grey, and there's not a lot wrong with the F-15 either. But for the Jaguar, how about two-tone grey, as modelled by the Jaguar IM? So nice that I had to have it myself. And as I have an Airfix Jaguar that cost me much less than it would now, and even more less than I bet Italeri's goes for, I shall ignore the new one. I shall. I shan't be kicking myself, no, definitely not, no way.

Oh, bugger.

All new tool could mean, a lot of error.

Any chance this could be a reworking of the ESCI bird, which stands up as good as the Airfix kit.

ie that would be a new tool to Italera

Dave

Any chance this could be a reworking of the ESCI bird, which stands up as good as the Airfix kit.

ie that would be a new tool to Italera

Dave

Kits that were originally issued by Esci did not have the "new tool" label, check for example the Mirage IIIcj that was shown with the jaguar.

Personally I did not like the esci kit too much, there were several things that were too simplified or inaccurate.

If you want errors then go no further than the ESCI kit! They stuffed up the nose, undercarriage, made up same panel lines and rivets...

The Italeri kit is good news, my only reservation right now is price. The Italeri of a decade back would be banging this out at a bargain price, but £29.99 for a 1/48 Hurricane and AR196?

I would add that the F-101 and F-106 look absolutely mouth-watering

Arh thats because it was ADC grey not the horrible matt grey of today.

ADC Grey had magical powder in it!

Julien