1/48 F-14, Royal Air Force

Very cool! How about if the RN had operated these? I'm having a hard time seeing an F-14 launch on a ski-jump, though! :)

Cheers,

Bill

Actually when the F-14D was introduced there were some talks about using a skyjump to avoid needing a proper catapult. The extra thrust of the F-110 engines could have made this possible, although not from a small carrier as the Invincible. In the end nothing was made of this, as it happened to many other potential developments of the Tomcat.

Very cool! How about if the RN had operated these? I'm having a hard time seeing an F-14 launch on a ski-jump, though! :)

Cheers,

Bill

I was thinking that too...i had a plan to do a retro '70's jet, off the Ark Royal along with the Phantoms. Navy and white F-14....

...but then again I think i'll do another RAF one instead :lol:

Looks very good ! And have to say it makes for a very different Tomcat: RAF colours with sharkmouth, wow !!!

Thanks Giorgio. Went with the idea of Op Telic markings, like we saw on Tornadoes and Harriers, because i think a plain F-14 would have been a bit of a waste!

Adding some finishing touches as I type this. Should be in the RFI thread before 17.00. A few bits to dry and so on, so i'll head out for a run here and come back to see the (hopefully) finished article!

Keep 'yer eyes peeled chaps!

'freezer'

Well that's her done now! Really enjoyed this one (i've enjoyed them all, but thought this one was a lot of fun!) despite me thinking at one point it looked somewhat daft.

Thanks to all to followed/commented and suggested ideas, greatly appreciated.

That's this GB over for me :crying: and i have to say it's been the best (certainly most productive one!) that i've been involved in. Big thanks to Kev1n and Giorgio!

Looking forward to seeing all the other completed builds. Here are my other 3:

VF-84: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...4912568&hl=

VX-9: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...topic=234913740

VF-32: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...topic=234915336

Thanks again guys. 'Freezer' checking out!

Another cracker, thanks for sharing.

With a week to go I thought you might try for #5

I had one lined up Neal, but had it moved to regular WIP before the extension was put in place!

I love this!!

I must get more tomkitties....ImustImustImust!!!....and yeah I'll have a go at a couple of RAF versions, green and grey camo might be nice, and FAA; navy and white...

yeah baby!!

nice work freezer.....missions accomplished.

I love this!!

I must get more tomkitties....ImustImustImust!!!....and yeah I'll have a go at a couple of RAF versions, green and grey camo might be nice, and FAA; navy and white...

yeah baby!!

nice work freezer.....missions accomplished.

Thanks mate. I do have another 'whif' in mind now i have the taste for it :lol:

I wonder what one in British Airways colours would look like....no...no...Kev...get back in your box.....

Love this build Freezer....awesome loadout too. I'm seriously considering my next F-14 as a WHIF..

I love this!!

Mmmm....or an RAF mud mover in Gulf War Desert Pink with nose art, or Norway deployment; grey/white..

Love this build Freezer....awesome loadout too. I'm seriously considering my next F-14 as a WHIF..

Mmmm....or an RAF mud mover in Gulf War Desert Pink with nose art, or Norway deployment; grey/white..

Thanks mate. I'm in the 'whif' mood myself. Need some nice decals and i think i have a plan! :lol: