Sci-Fi Model Show Invite

I'm planning to attend, so I could bring something along. I have a couple of Revell Star Wars models done, and am hoping to get a couple more SW kits (Revell and otherwise) done before then, so that may fill up a bit of table space.

I should say that the show is NOT really a dedicated SF show, it coveres; Space, SF and Fantasy.

Real and fictional space craft are covered, but so are fantasy figures and what-if aircraft.

So I'm sure there are a fair number of people that have something to display.

Paul

I'll be happy to attend if my schedule doesn't change between now and then :)

I've got the Thunderbirds Firefly from the Emergency Services GB, plus The Bablyon 5 Starfury from the SciFi GB and by that time I should have done the Drop Ship from Aliens for the TV/Movies GB - might also have an Angel Interceptor ready... Oh and if it covers fantasy too, I might have sorted out Sara in her chainmail bikini!

Blimey!

Would love to go, but like Mike says it is very a long way for me too - but, at least it is the summer with hopefully better travelling conditions.

I have should have my Moebuis Spindrift and Deanna Lund figure (I installed the easy LED yesterday) finished by then. My IPMS/USA/1999 limited edition Disney/Von Braun Moonliner is not far off now also. It would would be nice to get the two Forbidden Planet Robby's I'm working on complete and the LiS B9 Robot also - but I have lots of work to do on those still, including some relatively complicated wiring - as I'm posing them with Space Babe, Altara and Marta Kristen figures and bases there is a heck of a lot to do still, but who knows?

It's a too far off for me to commit, but I'll give it a coat of thinking about.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

This weekend, I'm going to dig out some of my unfinished/unstarted SW kits and see what I might be able to knock together.

I've got 4 completed Revell easykits (X-Wing, AT-TE, Republic Attack Shuttle, AAT), all built straight from the box with no additional painting, but I might do a bit of touching up/weathering on them before the show.

Hi Mish, I can bring a Galactica (small one), Klingon D-7, Klingon Bird of Prey and a Sovereign class Enterprise E.

Let me know if we're going :)

Right we have:

Obi with some Star Wars kits

Raystorm with Star Wars Venator Star Destroyer

Kallisti with Thunderbirds Firefly, Bablyon 5 Starfury, Poss Drop Ship from Aliens and Angel Interceptor and Sara in her chainmail bikini!

F-32 with Galactic, Klingon D-7, Klingon Bird of Prey, Sovereign class Enterprise E

And I have a few Whif aircraft I can bring.

I had to click on the link in Mish's post, then click on the HaMeX link in that, and then do a bit of searching, but the address is:

Hanslop Village Hall

Newport Road

Hanslope

Milton Keynes

MK19 7NZ

Cool, this is the relatively small but exclusive show where the legendary Mat Irvine lives isn't it?

I've always wanted to pop along to this one, as I am old enough to remember him from the classic days of BBC science fiction. I remember seeing him on a few programs explaining how they blow up their models lol

Cool, this is the relatively small but exclusive show where the legendary Mat Irvine lives isn't it?

I've always wanted to pop along to this one, as I am old enough to remember him from the classic days of BBC science fiction. I remember seeing him on a few programs explaining how they blow up their models lol

Yep you have the right show, never been myself but heard some of Matt's stories at Telford.

• 3 weeks later...

If Hanslope is too far, there's a possibility that Mat Irvine may be at Wonderfest this May.

Worth the trip for any sci-fi Modeler!

Jim

Wouldn't mind popping down to this one - and it's on a Sunday that I'm currently free! If you still need any space filling I could bring along my refurbished Sulaco and a rather dusty small Macross SDF-1, and I'll probably have my 2001 Moonbus finished by then too. They might all look a bit plain against some of the creations I've seen on here though.

• 2 weeks later...