1/32 Mirage III O

Mr B

Hello Folks

Got cracking on this...........

This is going to be a sweat and tears build............lots of work to do....and the plastic is brittle and soft.........

Anyways always wanted a Mirage in 1/32 so........down to the grinde........if all goes well by end of Feb 2012

This is the build and the various aftermarket stuff going to be used

mirage1.jpg

mirage.jpg

mirag1.jpg

Wish me luck guys

Regards

Mr b

Nice! I hope you are doing the 77SQN aircraft :D I am biased of course have been at 77SQN and worked on these!

Though I suspect it will be a Butterworth based aircraft, am I right?

Edited by TrojanThunder

Nice! I hope you are doing the 77SQN aircraft :D I am biased of course have been at 77SQN and worked on these!

Though I suspect it will be a Butterworth based aircraft, am I right?

Hi Trojan thunder..........

thanks ..........and you guessed it right............either 3 or 75 sqn Butterworth based.............

Rgds

Mr B

I have the same kit & the resin stuff as well,it's sort of half done but not,the plastic is that soft,the slightest preassure along the fusalage spine,once filled,cracks the filler & you're back to square one!...

I'll get round to fininshing it someday..

Hi Spike

Yes the plastic is very brittle..........and soft............a bit worried myself..........but my policy is once out on the table.........it has to be done.........good or bad......till done...........wish me luck and hope to see yours done up soon too....

Anyways had some progress done.............on the scribing ...........few days back..........as well as cutting the rudder out.........on closer inspection......missed a bit on the fin..........

wing.jpg

fin.jpg

Next Fuselage.....really dreading to scribe that..................wish me luck for straight lines.........

Best to All

Mr b

Thanks guys....the nose section was really put to the test....but did not snap

Update

All rescribed...........and when doing that.........notice somemore stuff needs to be done espically the air scoops........as one was molded almost flat.......???

Cut open the grills towards the rear of the plane ........

mirint.jpg

Got the molded cockpit bits out of the way............and test fitting the Fisher cockpit set........looks ok

mircoc.jpg

Tonight is study time..........need to look at the references and see ......

Rgds to all

Mr b

Double public holiday.........:)

Update

Got some minor work done....air scoops and the rear grill..........need to sand down and blend in.......

grill.jpg

Also glued the wings on...........to start work on the undercarrage bays......just for the fun of it the wonderful delta shape...........really sexy in 1/32 scale......

fus.jpg

Back to the grinde.........still got loads to put together and do.......

Rgds

Mr B

Update

Manage to make the gear wells busy........

wells.jpg

The front is a resin piece which I plan to stuff inthere from plane bits

well2.jpg

Cut the fuel cock window display too....

well1.jpg

Need to get some paint on it which is delayed due to airbrush problems :( ......soon detailling the pit and then can buttom it all up and start the filling process........

Rgds

Mr b

Thanks Ian............

Lots more to go

Got the sides together

Next is all the clean up and assembly...........

together.jpg

cockpit.jpg

The fisher cockpit set is a gem.........fitting is perfect............no need to take off any resin extras...........

Till later

Mr B

Progress

There are many gaps and they are big...........

gap.jpg

Managed to putty and clean all the seams ......well I hope........left the finer bits then off to paint..........

ft.jpg

The front panel....needs to tone down with flat and clean off the additional oil...wash....this will be tackled once I paint the top area....and fit the canopy/windsheild.......

pit.jpg

Left to rewire a bit on the wells.......the gun bays, the intakes and final smooth sanding then clean the lines and windsheild........and then onto the paint shop......

Wish me luck to meet my Febuary end dateline.....

Rgds

Mr B

Edited by Mr B

Thanks Ray

Got some progress

Airframe ready for paint

befo.jpg

Painted futured and decalled

befo1.jpg

Better pictures later ....decals were very good but no stencils ....had to impresive

still got a bit to go....

Rgds

Mr B

Finished

The decals were not as good as I first tought..........during the weathering process some were eated up lucky had extra........anyways completed......and some research points to this actual airframe which crashed on top another Mirage III in butterworth....A3-64

This is the link

http://www.adf-serials.com/3a3.shtml

And the final pictures........

finish-1.jpg

finish2.jpg

finish1.jpg

finish3.jpg

Apologies for inaccuracies........before hand if time permits one more biggy will be started

Rgds & Thank you

Mr B

• 2 months later...