Mish

Doug Rogers

Muller

Osirsia

daniel

rkennerly

Uziyerdaddy

iain (32sig)

Sadly we lost Walrus as host, so I'm looking for a crazy co-host! - Found :)

If I've missed anyone let me know and Ill add you to the list

Edited by Deon

i am in have been waiting for this build for ages

wait no longer the time is nearly upon us :)

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out of this one - too much on my plate at the moment. Sorry about that.

no problem Christopher. There's plenty of time, so if you find yourself at a loose end , welcome back!

Wasn't intending to take part but could do with a bit of fun - so...

I have a cunning plan...

So cunning it involves a part started Russian submarine, a number of spare WW1 biplane components and misc. scrap box parts to create an Edwardian steam battleairship of His Majesty's Ist 'Fearnought' Squadron.

Now - the sub was started years ago and is more than 25% done - but I'll be taking a razor saw to it and adding gargantuan amounts of British steel, aeronautical grade brass, copper, timber, fabric and stiff upper lip - so hoping you'll let me play :)

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Wasn't intending to take part but could do with a bit of fun - so...

I have a cunning plan...

So cunning it involves a part started Russian submarine, a number of spare WW1 biplane components and misc. scrap box parts to create an Edwardian steam battleairship of His Majesty's Ist 'Fearnought' Squadron.

Now - the sub was started years ago and is more than 25% done - but I'll be taking a razor saw to it and adding gargantuan amounts of British steel, aeronautical grade brass, copper, timber, fabric and stiff upper lip - so hoping you'll let me play :)

Iain

Happy to have you aboard Iain, sounds like a fantastic project :)

deon

I'm trying to think of something to build but my spares box is a little spartan, I'm really enjoying watching and commenting :)

Takes me back to the days of playing Cthulhu by Gaslight - my character was a prototypical mad-scientist type, obsessed with hurling billiard balls at each other at high speed. He believed these collisions would generate sub-billiard particles which would revolutionise the bearing technology used in giant steam engines.

He ended up in a straight jacket, drooling and raving about the giant aardvark that inhabited the Limehouse sewers as a result of too many failed SAN rolls. Mind you even at the best of time he only had a fingernail grip on reality! Great fun!

I'm trying to think of something to build but my spares box is a little spartan, I'm really enjoying watching and commenting :)

Takes me back to the days of playing Cthulhu by Gaslight - my character was a prototypical mad-scientist type, obsessed with hurling billiard balls at each other at high speed. He believed these collisions would generate sub-billiard particles which would revolutionise the bearing technology used in giant steam engines.

He ended up in a straight jacket, drooling and raving about the giant aardvark that inhabited the Limehouse sewers as a result of too many failed SAN rolls. Mind you even at the best of time he only had a fingernail grip on reality! Great fun!

Hi Kallisti,

Dont worry , there's plenty of time to come up with an idea. In the meantime your comments are very welcome. You could even equip a Victorian figure with a space marine laser or something- it doesn't have to be a huge project :) I still enjoy playing Cthulu ( named my cat Cthulu too ) :)

Cheers

Deon

Hi

I'm a fan of Steampunk but had nothing really to build, however whilst popping down to the local wargaming show I have returned with this:

464138086590.png

Can I join with this one?

Cheers

Ian

Sounds good to me; just had a quick look at the Ironclad Miniatures website, looks like an interesting range of Steam Tanks

Chris

Edited by cjhm

Sounds good to me; just had a quick look at the Ironclad Miniatures website, looks like an interesting range of Steam Tanks

Chris

Cheers, I should point out that is a pic of a painted one, mine will require more work ;). Yes, they look neat don't they, I only had £10 on me otherwise I might have got a couple.

ian

• 3 months later...

Gentlemen

I too fell into the trap of thinking that this GB finished on the 3rd. This leaves me in the, for me, extraordinary position of being able to put forward another entry for your delectation.

It struck me that the aerial navies of the world have been rather over-represented in this GB and what we needed was an example of a sea-going craft. I therefore announce here my intention to model His Imperial Majesty's Winans Cigar Battleship HMS Duke of York.

Your servant

Andy