Tim. I am very sad you have decided to take this course of action.

Personally I don't think that anyone here has entered into this thinking its a competition or is treating it as such.

Steve

I don't want to get into an argument with you Steve, but you did agree with me via p/m didn't you? Lets hope he gets better than 3rd place with this one.

After a lot of thought i've decided to pull my build out of this Group Build. My reason for this is down to one individual and him in my eyes using this Group Build as some sort of competition, why else would you feel the need to "lift your game", you only do that if you feel the need to beat someone, Group Builds I thought aren't about beating anyone. I for one didn't fall for his excuse. I don't want my models being judged against any one elses. I've asked Jacksdad to move my thread to the wip section so if anyone still wishes to follow the build it can be found there.

Tim,

Please do not take this course of action on my poor use of a throw away line. The only thing I am competing against here is the clock. You in particular and all the other members of the GB have inspired me to try new things and make a better finished product, that is all. I honestly do not think about this as a competition and do not look towards prizes. This is my first GB here and I would rather withdraw than cause a problem. To that end, I am willing to continue the build here and disqualify myself from any prizes if you or anyone else think it is appropriate. Or we can simply agree that I was wrong and go on.

Any addition I make to any of my builds is either something I have found as a reference or seen on another build and wondered "could I do that?" Most times it ends as a ham fisted effort that poorly replicates the idea. But the fun is in trying.

I have offended you and that is not my my intention. I apologise and ask that you come back to the GB and continue to inspire young modellers.

Regards,

Thank you for your reply Kent and I sincerely hope that the misunderstanding can now be forgotten.

I do not want anyone to leave because, as you know " a good modeller never leaves a man behind" :)

And on with the show. Ok guys we now only have 4 weeks left before I close the door on the finish gallery. So let's see your kits on the home straight and finished in time.

This has been great fun so far and it will be sad to see it end. But all good things must.

So let's get cracking and good luck to all.

Steve

Tim,

Please do not take this course of action on my poor use of a throw away line. The only thing I am competing against here is the clock. You in particular and all the other members of the GB have inspired me to try new things and make a better finished product, that is all. I honestly do not think about this as a competition and do not look towards prizes. This is my first GB here and I would rather withdraw than cause a problem. To that end, I am willing to continue the build here and disqualify myself from any prizes if you or anyone else think it is appropriate. Or we can simply agree that I was wrong and go on.

Any addition I make to any of my builds is either something I have found as a reference or seen on another build and wondered "could I do that?" Most times it ends as a ham fisted effort that poorly replicates the idea. But the fun is in trying.

I have offended you and that is not my my intention. I apologise and ask that you come back to the GB and continue to inspire young modellers.

Regards,

Kent, no one else in this group has made a comment like that, i've never seen one made in any other either. The fact is you made it, how ever as you've apologised here i'm now willing to accept that. I'll also keep my build in here but I would rather not have it put forward in the vote at the end of the build if thats ok with everyone?

Edited by tank152

Tim,

I was in the process of typing a PM in reply to your last one to me. However with that last post I feel it is no longer necessary to finish it.

If you wish to withdraw your build from the GB or voting then that is your choice as it is Kent's choice to do what he wants with his build.

You have been assured by both Steve (Jacksdad64), Kent and myself that no offence was meant. Kent has openly apologised for an offence taken even though none was implied.

The mater is now closed. Any more discussion on this mater by anyone in open forum, the posts will be removed.

Gentlemen I want to do some modelling this Sunday not spend my time policing and sorting out silly spats.

The matter is closed.

Guys. I've just a mooch through the builds and I must say that the quality of workmanship taking place is fantastic. This GB really will be a one stop shop reference for anyone building an Fw190 in the future.

If there is one thing I'm dreading its having to pick a favourite when the GB ends.

So take a bow chaps as you are doing a wonderful job.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Does anyone have 1:48 spare Hasegawa FW190-A3 decals for Assi Hans option in this kit?

P3030256.jpg

I'm applying the decals and the fuselage white/black band is all cracked and one of the works number "223" is damaged beyond repair.

Can anyone help asap??

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Tim.

Morning guys.

Sorry I've not been around for a few days but there have been things going on at work that have taken up a lot of my time. However, I'm off on holiday this week so I'll be able to spend more time here.

Currently we have 10 entries in the gallery and with the builds that are still going we could end up with a couple of dozen when the doors close. While this is fantastic news it also means it's going to be very difficult to choose one as a favourite.

I must admit I am very much looking forward to the handing out of the prizes at the end as it will be very satisfying rewarding everyone for their efforts and will be a small way of saying thank you for participating.

I also intend to get the finishing touches to my own build so that I can get it in the gallery and get onto my next build(s). :blink:

Steve

Edited by jacksdad64

I'm applying the decals and the fuselage white/black band is all cracked and one of the works number "223" is damaged beyond repair.

Can anyone help asap??

If the worst comes to the worst, this is always an option --> Linky

Edited by Enzo Matrix

There is a build of one of these in the GB.

I've been looking at that. It looks excellent.

Ah well... rather than extend the GB, I 'spose I'll just have to carry on building FW190s in my own time. Given my low obsession threshold, that was always a possibility. :lol:

Can we please extend this GB by three months, so I can build one of these? ;) --> Linky

Why on earth didn't I see that before?!?! :wall:

I scored a MPM one for just a fiver at the Shropshire show and It looks very good. :yahoo:

Doing a group build like this realy lets you understand the different kits and manufactures. I wonder if we will get a selection of models in larger scales than the most common 1/48 , but there is def more scope to have some early war aircraft so more variation

How many of us are going to entre the Me 109 build later in the summer ?

Me as well. Oh ehhhmmmm, question: How long is it summer in Devon? Is it till November?! :wicked:

Edited by Arniec

Me as well. Oh ehhhmmmm, question: How long is it summer in Devon? Is it till November?! :wicked:

Summer doesn't start till November in Devon ,ends in December when the squirels cant find their nuts !!!

I wonder if we will get a selection of models in larger scales than the most common 1/48 , but there is def more scope to have some early war aircraft so more variation

As it happens I'll be building Trumpeters 1/24 G-6 Gunboat with Toni Hackl's markings.

I would imagine that there will be one or two of Eduard's early Emil's being done as well.

Steve

As it happens I'll be building Trumpeters 1/24 G-6 Gunboat with Toni Hackl's markings.

I would imagine that there will be one or two of Eduard's early Emil's being done as well.

Steve

Thats good Steve i was hopeing some trumpeter 1/24 would be built as i have always fancied doing one myself and lookforward to see one comeing together first. Are you going to build as is or correct some of the known faults?