Redoing old Airfix Demon

Thank you for posting those Jason. I'd be interested to know how the Soviets came about those as I don't think the British were on speaking terms with them.

Thank you for posting those Jason. I'd be interested to know how the Soviets came about those as I don't think the British were on speaking terms with them.

At this point they were; they impressed these Persian Audaxes when both they and the British moved into Iran in August of 1941 to forestall a possible Axis takeover. Not only did the Soviets use these Hart variants, they also impressed Estonian Harts and Latvian Hinds when they occupied those countries in 1940. I've even seen a photograph of a Latvian Gladiator in Soviet markings - that's one I plan on building (that and the Latvian/Soviet Hind). It appears that the Baltic State Harts were destroyed in the initial phases of Barbarossa, so it's unclear how much wartime service they actually "enjoyed", but the Persian Audaxes saw service as civilian couriers with Aeroflot in the Caucasus region around the time of the Stalingrad battle, so they probably saw quite a bit of use, if no actual combat service.

Regards,

Jason

Oh dear Jason

If I had one of those handy I suspect the dear old Airfix baby would have had to go on the back burner

Nice!

b

That is a fascinating variant, isn't it, Bill. When I saw it, I knew I had to buy it. That and the Egyptian Audaxes are nice resin kits, well-moulded and detailed, with very few of those dreaded bubbles, and come with the appropriate decals and marking instructions. The inevitable moulding blocks are relatively unobtrusive and easy enough to remove, although some of the parts are quite delicate and need care when removing them (ask me how I know!). The kits are not cheap, however, but for a Hart Family enthusiast like myself, they are proving all but irresistible. I think next will be the Estonian/Soviet Hart, unless the Turret Demon becomes available before I can scrape the quid together, and then I'll buy the Turret Demon when I get the money.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

Here are some photographs of the work I'm doing on the aft fuselage. Basically I'm extending the top part of the aft fuselage to match the notch I've cut into the horizontal tailplane. Just a little Tamiya White Putty and I'm pretty much there. This time I remembered to use some Tamiya masking tape to protect the areas I didn't want to sand. I may spray a little primer on it before I attach the tailplane to make sure it doesn't need any more sanding/filling. Hopefully once I get the tailplane on that will sort of open up the floodgates and I'll actually get some substantial work done again on this model, such as adding the radiator and the landing gear and perhaps the inter-plane struts. We shall see.

Best Regards,

Jason

AftFuselagewithAreaMarkedtoBuildup_zpsbf

CIMG0142_zps0feb8a5e.jpg

AftFuselagewithPuttyApplied2_zpsf65dacac

PuttySanded_zps5559231e.jpg

PuttySanded2_zps745f2267.jpg

Edited by Learstang