Kev's rocket - BA Negus 1976

so these are the things inside the intakes?

thats not what I didnt bother with....the two superflous bits of plastic are fitted above the engine nacelles, not inside them.

Unfortunately, RV and AFX are the only games in town if you want 1/144 scale concordes.....:(

Not quite. There is also old Doyusha kit ( 1:144, not 1:100) - very primitive and inaccurate. Old Nitto/Entex kit - almost the same as Revell but lacking surface details - I suspect Revell obtained and modified the forms. Thus is fair to say that RV and AFX are the only games "these days".

Nice job Kev1n, it's not the best kit in the world, i'm 60% through one and was surprised that Revell released this, the decals were rubbish so I went for a new set (originals out of register) I did consider going back to Revell but as the kit only cost £1 in a charity shop and I wanted window decals anyway I decided it would be a bit of a cheeky ask. just need to finish sanding/polishing/rescribing then I'll get busy with the paint.

I have the cursed 1/72 Airfix kit to do too, but this is on on hold until I get the space to display it....one day, saw a completed one at South Shields a couple of years ago and it was bloody amazing.

Cheers

Col'

well...if your willing to scratchbuild some reinforcing to help get it all together, shorten the nose wheel leg and do various other mods, the RV kit will make into a nice model.

I'll let you know about the afx kit when I build one....

Not quite. There is also old Doyusha kit ( 1:144, not 1:100) - very primitive and inaccurate. Old Nitto/Entex kit - almost the same as Revell but lacking surface details - I suspect Revell obtained and modified the forms. Thus is fair to say that RV and AFX are the only games "these days".

which is really what I meant :)

• 4 weeks later...

Kev,

Your Concorde looked just the ticket to me at the Hendon show.

It has inspired me to retrieve my Revell build from the cupboard and press on to completion.

Phil