TF-104G Starfighter - W.I.P.

mamo104

Hello Boys!

Just because I do not have enough, I start with another 104 more precisely, a TF-104G of the Belgian Air Force.

To be more precise, we are friends we are making 7 7 104 all Belgians, TF 2 and 5 single, to be reproducing the whiskers on a flight line!

I am more taken back by all, but I am committed to finishing it in less than 2 months.

Then the configuration that I want to make it like you see in the picture (http://www.sbap.be/archivalia/pictures/pics%20129.jpg) that is with a container instead of the SUU-21 tanks under the wing.

I would like to present it in a taxi, so I've got two drivers in the resin of PJ Productions, beautiful, and the set Aires to the interior, and of course the beautiful decals of DACO.

83211609.jpg

Learn how to work the interior ...

86905622.jpg

47092549.jpg

77266121.jpg

Got a few of these myself so I'll be watching. Love the belgian camo scheme and remember the pairs aerobatic team when Greenham Common was the base for the International Air Tattoo.

I will be putting a post up soon for any F-104 experts to clear up what I need for a set of Canadian CF-104's I want to make, G's and D's. Seems like there are so many differences and the Hasegawa kits don't have all the sprue parts to make Cf-104's?

Looking good! B)

For some reason I've always thought that the two seat version actually looks better than the single seater, but that's just me! :wacko:

Mike. :)

Yep totally agree - looks far sexier( More Kate Beckinsale, and less Jodie Kid), and Mamo - I reckon this is going to look lovely.

Good start on the pit there.

Jonners

• 1 month later...

After managing to enter the cockpit inside the fuselage Aires, after a great job of thinning of the fuselage, I closed everything and plastered where necessary.

After sanding properly, re-recorded and where the panels were gone, we are ready to start applying the camouflage

the model.

The colors are GUNZE, ie the 'H-311 for the lower part, the H-27 with an addition of two drops of red to produce the light brown, the H-309 for the darker green and the H -340 for the lighter green.

Of course first of all apply the model to bring out the shading panels.

29463409.jpg

89527598.jpg

48959048.jpg

84768423.jpg

And finally completed the camouflage:

39793705.jpg

96509565.jpg

96874128.jpg

10330113.jpg

And now two steps of clear gloss and we are ready to apply the decals.

Once the washing with tempering and after applying the decals say that these elements are nearing completion!

Here you can appreciate the work done with the airbrush, dust and temper.

Once the washing with tempering and after applying the decals say that these elements are nearing completion!

Here you can appreciate the work done with the airbrush, dust and temper.

55387792.jpg

60353441.jpg

64024983.jpg

97933543.jpg

42464271.jpg

42914787.jpg

80885151.jpg

Edited by mamo104

Nice work! Especially on weathering the aft fuselage and the paint detail on the IP's. Note that the "radar" scope on 104's usually has a dark orange appearance. I first painted the scope a dark metal colour (steel or something) and then a big drop of clear orange over it.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Jeffrey

Here it is the finished work, I worked a bit to be able to adapt the pilots of PJ Productions.

62614475.jpg

40207022.jpg

85662668.jpg

49390396.jpg

77811833.jpg

20814626.jpg

39664975.jpg

However, the work is not done here .... In fact, with the other companions of adventure, we are working on the mega board will be made ​​where a small aircraft flight line of 4-5 and two on the bypass taxiing.

Soon to follow pictures of the board in the works!

Great stuff, I really like the pilots and the paint detail. Those and the nose wheel makes it really come to life. I can hear the J-79 howl already! Also, very interesting to see the under-wing tanks only.

Jeffrey

Another amazing paintjob and model....whats going on here, so many talented modelers, i love that.

I'm not usually big on adding pilots to cockpist but it works great for this plane. Nice work

Oliver