F-14D "Tomcatters" VF-31 USS Carl Vinson, October 1995

• 2 weeks later...

The flu and a training course back in the UK have meant that I've been rather slow on this one, but I have a few free days coming up, so hope to get more done. The cockpit is now installed and the two halves of the nose are together now. But the seats seem very high? A quick dry fit of the canopy confirmed this, so the seats will need to be filed down a bit. Anyone else had that experience on the Black Box / Technics cockpit set?

Edited by Busdriver

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Package arrived today from the Big H, new seats from Quickboost and a new pitot tube from Master to replace the last one that went 'ping!' into the stratosphere somewhere! So, off to the bench now to get some more work done...

...and discovered that the Quickboost seats are much, much shorter than the Black Box ones! I'm not even going to question the accuracy of either, the Quickboost ones fit nicely under the canopy and that's all I have to say about that!

Edited by Busdriver

Thanks for the extra week, I'm going to need it!! Seriously though, this has been a huge project to do for a GB and I might not get to the finish line... Not saying I won't yet, just warning you! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I bit off far more than I could chew! I will certainly not be attempting a super-detailed model again in a Group Build, I just don't seem to get the time to finish. From now on, it's OOB GBs for me!!

• 1 year later...

If it take a more as you expect...It worth to see further results...brilliant detailing job Busdriver ...I am start my project with my Cat what was begin a few years ago..and thanks to you i have some motivation when I looking your great job... :wow::wow: