Graham's Supersonic Beauty

Here is the kit I shall be using for this GB, building straight out of the box at the mo using the old style BA decals

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg

hopefully it will look something like this when it is finished

1997691.jpg

Looking forward to seeing lots of Concorde's taking to the modelling tables

Cheers

Graham

Very nice, I have that kit in the stash, what a lovvverly box, and a poster as well!

Looking forward to this, the Landor is my first choice on the livery. I did want the early red tail, but my kit hasnt got that option, and I have a 1/72 in the front room on display in red tail livery.

Looking forward to your build Graham.

I'm starting from the same set and using different decals for the first BA & AF schemes so if you hit any trouble with the BA specific decals, I should have replacements for them.

Phil

• 1 month later...

Finally got started fuselage is weighted and joined with the nose cone

IMG_3414.jpg

A quick question if I may. The cabin windows on this are all slightly inset what is the best method for finishing them off, I am considering doing a dark wash after painting like you would do for panel lines.

Thanks for your help, it was good to finally start building this one, all seems to fit fairly well so hopefully this will be quite a quick build.

Graham

P.S Phil, thanks for the offer of decal help, i'll see how they go on.

Nice one Graham.

We have some interesting differences in approaching this kit. You've gone perhaps the more sensible route while I've chosen to fill the kit windows and use decals.

As for the painting the windows, I didn't fancy trying to get an even finish across all the windows but that's just my ham-fisted-ness (is that a word?)

I look forward to seeing how you do it. Perhaps an acrylic paint with the excess wiped off?

Are you planning to join the upper wings to the fuselage first or make up the complete wings and then add the fuselage?

Let me know on the decals.

Phil

Nice one Graham.

We have some interesting differences in approaching this kit. You've gone perhaps the more sensible route while I've chosen to fill the kit windows and use decals.

As for the painting the windows, I didn't fancy trying to get an even finish across all the windows but that's just my ham-fisted-ness (is that a word?)

I look forward to seeing how you do it. Perhaps an acrylic paint with the excess wiped off?

Are you planning to join the upper wings to the fuselage first or make up the complete wings and then add the fuselage?

Let me know on the decals.

Phil

She now has wings as well and i just followed the instructions, joined the base to the fuselage and then added the wings gluing it up really slowly to try and get neat joins over the last three evenings. Still needs a bit of filler and sanding but that's the norm for me. I was hoping to do the windows as you hinted at using some watered down acrylic over a sprayed white finish and then leaving it to dry and wipe off the excess. I have no idea if it will work but I thought it was worth a try, if it works I was going to do it as well on the leading edge instead of the large decal there as well. I am budget strapped for this build so am trying to avoid extra decals and am making do with what I have in the box and the modelling table. I would like the newer scheme as well eventually so whichever way works best I'll use it on that.

Good luck with yours to Phil

Cheers

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Well progress is slow but there is some progress

The fuselage and engine pods are complete and just need some filling sanding and priming

IMG_3438.jpg

I also started an undercarriage production line which has the first coat of paint on it but a long way to go

IMG_3437-1.jpg

Hopefully with a couple of good sessions this should be ready for prime and paint

Cheers for looking

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering how you found fitting the wings together and to the fuse?

mine has been a nightmmare....

I was wondering how you found fitting the wings together and to the fuse?

mine has been a nightmmare....

snap I have also had a rough time trying to get a good join, have finally settled for a combination of filler and glue and hopefully will get the white sprayed tonight and then that will give me 4 days to do the decals and clear it, i see a couple of late ones coming on

good luck with yours kev

Firstly here she is sanded and primed

IMG_3481.jpg

and now back to white again, hopefully get a second coat on first thing in the morning and have a few days left for the decals and touching up the paint

IMG_3485.jpg

cheers for looking

Graham

my flight has landed, pax disembarked and baggage in hall....

:)

but thats one sweet looking rocket Graham - get it on the runway !!!

Congrats on a safe arrival, mine have just finished there last cocktail and are strapping in ready for descent

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3498.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

Just got to leave it all to dry before attaching the wheels, the pitot probe and the engine nozzles and finally touching up any out of place paint, should have it in the gallery by lunchtime.... and then I see the VC10 build has opened, no rest for the wicked.

Cheers

Graham

Well a healthy tailwind sees an earlier than planned arrival. Here she is straight oob, warts an all. Kev has pretty much summed up the kit, I thought however the decals in this boxing where actually really good however the kit and the decal plan did not really match up so probably would have benefitted from a bit more filler and some re-scribing for a more accurate jet however I think it looks good and am happy with my kick start to airliner year.

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

Thanks for looking

Graham

I reckon you did a better job on yours Graham, really neatly done.

I missed the red tips on my wings....oh well....

I think you're right about the revell kit decals, although they maybe a bit heavy with some of the stencils, but they do fit better than the F-Decals I used and at least the doors are in the right place.

I'll tidy mine up a bit, add some more detail - yours has given me a bit of a kuta so I want to fully finish it now

Cheers:)

Are you planning on going to the Hendon show?

I'm sure we can find somewhere to park both; they'll look good next to each other.

Lovely stuff Graham. It looks every inch a Concorde.

How did you get on with the windows & the upper wing walkway lines?

Phil