1/72 Vacform Aeroclub Vickers Varsity T1

Thats a real beauty Kev, a real work of art - great to see it finished after reading the WIP.

Cheers

Simon

Thanks Simon

Wow that some great modelling there.

Nice build of something you dont normally see built.

Julien

Cheers Julien

Very very nice indeed. :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words

Simply stunning build! Awesome work my friend.

Never seen a Varsity built up before, but you've done a cracking job considering it's vac-form.

Love the paintwork too, nice smooth and crisp lines :thumbsup::clap2::worthy:

I'm glad you like it, there is not to many built up which is a shame

Not my scale, not my particular area of interest, but I just love it. Cojones del cane, Mutzen Nutzen, Box deluxe. That is a great bit of modelling. Full Stop.

Me Likey :worthy:

Cheers

Jonners

Thanks Jonners

Utterly beautiful build Kev! You've produced a stunner and made vacforms look easy.

Mark.

Cheers Harry, I would not say they are easy but I think you need patience in building vacforms and a believe in your self in getting it finished

Bloody superb Kev.

The old Pig was a nice aeroplane and I think you've done her justice there mate.

Mark

Cheers Miggers, yes the Flying pig it has certain qualities that I like

Really nice, can't wait to see more builds from you.

Cheers Radleigh, you may have to wait a while though, your builds are cracking as well

Edited by kev67

Could of been one or two examples still flying around that period, but they retired these in the mid 70's apart from RAE Rasberry Ripple one which I think was the last one to fly in service

There was at least one example still flying the airshows in the early 80s, very sadly crashed in 1984 killing quite a lot of people.

I remembered a guy from my days as an ATC cadet in the 1970s - at that time I knew him as Squadron Leader Reid-Buckle. I saw a newpaper report at the time of the crash, but this thread prompted me to go and see what I could find on today's internet. He was, I think, the co-pilot. The descriptions of him I've been able to find today certainly match - handlebar moustache being one of his trademarks.

Fantastic build of the model though.

Edited by tonyberrington

There was at least one example still flying the airshows in the early 80s, very sadly crashed in 1984 killing quite a lot of people.

I remembered a guy from my days as an ATC cadet in the 1970s - at that time I knew him as Squadron Leader Reid-Buckle. I saw a newpaper report at the time of the crash, but this thread prompted me to go and see what I could find on today's internet. He was, I think, the co-pilot. The descriptions of him I've been able to find today certainly match - handlebar moustache being one of his trademarks.

Fantastic build of the model though.

I was going to build that aircraft but did not feel it was appropriate and did not want to get on the bandwagon on such a tragic loss, plus the top aerial is different

Beautiful Kev, a truly momentus build, who'd believe this was a vac form if you hadn't of proven it ?

Cheers woody, you are doing a splendid job altering the Revell Halifax mistakes

Edited by kev67

Brilliant - dead smart there, pin sharp finish with some smashing extra detail.

Always been a bit fond of the varsity and you have done it proud with that!

cheers

Rick

Brilliant - dead smart there, pin sharp finish with some smashing extra detail.

Always been a bit fond of the varsity and you have done it proud with that!

cheers

Rick

Cheers Spad much appreciated

The one that crashed in the Early 80's came down in my neck of the woods and one of the passengers was the editor of Flypast if I remember rightly.

You can see a very nice Varsity at Cosford though with an engine nacelle un-buttoned - a lot of plumbing!!

Great model though. It shows what can be done with a vac form. My view is that you can build anything as long as the canopy is right! I have a Formaplane Vulcan sitting in the cabinet and that always looks the part. More work but what modelling used to be all about (When I were a lad, etc, etc.......!)

The one that crashed in the Early 80's came down in my neck of the woods and one of the passengers was the editor of Flypast if I remember rightly.

You can see a very nice Varsity at Cosford though with an engine nacelle un-buttoned - a lot of plumbing!!

Great model though. It shows what can be done with a vac form. My view is that you can build anything as long as the canopy is right! I have a Formaplane Vulcan sitting in the cabinet and that always looks the part. More work but what modelling used to be all about (When I were a lad, etc, etc.......!)

Cheers Simon, I am glad you like it

A beautiful model.

Aeroclub do nice models, but I know how difficult vacforms can be and you've done it proud.

10/10.

BB

Thanks Billy for the compliment, I think the Hastings may be more of a challenge though, when I start it that is

You'll never get that kind of satisfaction out of an injection kit--building something that beautiful from barren plastic is the realm of art, sir. Truly dazzling. It's a morale boost to see some of these vacuforms come to life.

You've a right to be duely chuffed...

Edited by Arie

You'll never get that kind of satisfaction out of an injection kit--building something that beautiful from barren plastic is the realm of art, sir. Truly dazzling. It's a morale boost to see some of these vacuforms come to life.

I was trying to figure out how best to compliment you on this fine model but all I can do is second Arie's sentiments. Well done, Sir.

BM.

Thanks Arie much appreciated

I was trying to figure out how best to compliment you on this fine model but all I can do is second Arie's sentiments. Well done, Sir.

BM.

Thanks BM its nice sometimes to be complimented

Superb my friend.

Thanks Bri48

wish i had the time to build mine to this very hi standard! i love it

Cheers, if you need any info, always ready to help

She's really nice, and a subject you don't see often :thumbsup:

Thanks Mish, you are right but these are the type of aircraft I like, but most are in Vacform

That is a fantastic build!!

Cheers mate onwards and upwards, may the next vacform commence

Oh Kev.......thats sooo nice ;) ...fantastic job on this vac form mate...love it!

Cheers Fozzy always nice to be complemented by such a fine modeller as your self