Robs Bomb-Cord.....

rob

your tempting me....

actually all the concorde kits I have are spoken for but I wouldnt mind getting a couple more for such what-if ideas

me being me, I would probably want to do it in a grey/green camo c/s rather than all white, or possibly all grey

me being me, I would probably want to do it in a grey/green camo c/s rather than all white, or possibly all grey

Concorde was white for a specific reason - to keep the skin cool at supersonic speed. Too much dark paint would result in skin overheating and resultant structural problems. The Pepsi Concorde was limited to subsonic flight because of this, all the other schemes were predominantly white versions of the contemporary carrier's livery. The technology and materials to get round this problem, if available at the time, would no doubt have made the project even less financially viable than a straight conversion. Armed Concorde in an anti flash white scheme? - could be a what if probablilty. Grey/green low level supersonic strike aircraft? I think we're getting into fantasy land here. But what the heck, if that's your bag and you have fun doing it, good luck to you! :)

Dave

Concorde was white for a specific reason - to keep the skin cool at supersonic speed. Too much dark paint would result in skin overheating and resultant structural problems. The Pepsi Concorde was limited to subsonic flight because of this, all the other schemes were predominantly white versions of the contemporary carrier's livery. The technology and materials to get round this problem, if available at the time, would no doubt have made the project even less financially viable than a straight conversion. Armed Concorde in an anti flash white scheme? - could be a what if probablilty. Grey/green low level supersonic strike aircraft? I think we're getting into fantasy land here. But what the heck, if that's your bag and you have fun doing it, good luck to you! :)

Dave

mines gray/green

yes I did know about the reason why the rocket was white....but on a what-if basis, a camo one would just look cool :)

Purely out of curiosity, could a Concorde have gone supersonic with a full load of Skybolts?

Only if by "Skybolts" you mean a bunch of drunk footballers seated up front on an international flight. ;)

I've never seen that RAF Concorde artwork before. Did it still have the droop nose on it?

Man, if the Labour party threw a fit on TSR-2, this would have given them a guaranteed heart attack!

Funny enough, a long time ago a friend of mine built a What IF Concorde bomber in French markings using the Revell kit. He strapped a B-58 Hustler pod to the centerline and stuck a pair of Exocets and Harpoons on just underneath the engine pods. In gray green French camo (like what their Mirage IVs had) it looked pretty cool actually. He called it a "French SSB". Another one of my buddies who saw it commented "Who is it going to bomb, the Italians?" :D

I recall this appeared in an article in the early 70's in an RAF Yearbook under an article by my names-sake JWR Taylor - or do the grey cells betray me again? I thought then it was a nonsense from an engineering point of view and from the issues created by effective WARPAC SAMS