Spitfire Scramble!

well this is a subject out of my comfort zone and was done for fun, its all OOB and as i managed to break the tail wheel off and loose it, ive had to improvise on the wheels, so here we are scambeling, i know this is far to heavily weathered and she never flew in action but i dont care!! :)

hope you like here, build thread HERE

DSCF0001-3.jpg

DSCF0003-2.jpg

DSCF0004-1.jpg

DSCF0005-1.jpg

DSCF0007-1.jpg

DSCF0008-1.jpg

DSCF0009-1.jpg

DSCF0010-1.jpg

DSCF0011-1.jpg

DSCF0012-1.jpg

DSCF0013-1.jpg

DSCF0014-1.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

DSCF0016-1.jpg

I must admit the late mark Spitfires without the graceful wing shape, the weird rudders and bubble canopies aren't my favorites to look at. That being said though, this build looks nice. It is big, impressive and seems to hit the right touches. And the best part is it is DONE! Good work mate!

This is the old Matchbox kit, is it not?

I've got this one on the go aswell and have pretty much taken the same approach as you. Did you have any problems positioning the forward lower wing spar?. Oh! and love the model. Class.

no it built up easy only real problem was the upper cowling and upper wing roots

That looks really good Mark :goodjob:

In your build thread you say you sprayed Klear......what did you use to clean your airbrush after you did the Klear ??

Andy

just ran loads of water through it, and i mena loads, saying that i havent used it again since :unsure:

That looks really good Mark :goodjob:

In your build thread you say you sprayed Klear......what did you use to clean your airbrush after you did the Klear ??

Andy

In the states, Windex works as it has ammonia in it and Future/Kleer always softens with ammonia. I am not sure what the UK equivalent would be, but there should be something that will do the job.