My Last for 2011... Yak-38 Forger - Hobbyboss 1/48

Hello Friends,

A Happy New Year For all, many kits to build in 2012...

This is my last finished in 2011, finished at 31/12....

this kit is a very enjoyable model, all OOB... with no problems in the build... exception by the Nozzle section that could be change by a resin piece from Aires...

DSC_3447.jpg

DSC_3442.jpg

DSC_3436.jpg

DSC_3434.jpg

DSC_3426.jpg

DSC_3425.jpg

DSC_3338.jpg

hope you enjoy... cheers

Very nice, I like that one.

It's refreshing to see renewed interest in some of the more unusual Soviet types. I have the old Revell 1:72 Forger in my stash (made by Ace in Korea?), but I suspect it's not very accurate as it was produced before the Iron Curtain lifted. Looks the bit in the box, though, which is probably where I'll keep it!

If I remember correctly, didn't Yakolev contribute some of the technology learned with the Forger to the F-35B? I remember reading about some partnership between Lockheed and Yakolev.

Cheers,

Bill

thanks friends...

your feedback is very important to my evolution on the hobby...

about your question Phil, the kit builds fine, without fitting problems, just the nozzle section have some problems, but for interested the Aires just release a resin set for this area, and the K36 Eject seat is a little different of the real one that is a special version of the k36, but Pavla models just release one complete resim cockpit very accurate to this kit, if have to give a note for the model, 9.5 is good... I recommend

best and cheers

Edited by POMPEO

Bill you right...

have a great partnership between Russian-USA companies on the development of the F-35 technologies... wait to see if this bird have a good fly, because the Forger became famous for your hard flight dynamic...

;)

cheers

thanks friends...

your feedback is very important to my evolution on the hobby...

about your question Phil, the kit builds fine, without fitting problems, just the nozzle section have some problems, but for interested the Aires just release a resin set for this area, and the K36 Eject seat is a little different of the real one that is a special version of the k36, but Pavla models just release one complete resim cockpit very accurate to this kit, if have to give a note for the model, 9.5 is good... I recommend

best and cheers

Well that's it then I've got no choice but to buy one....

Phil

Yes, Yakovlev did contribute some knowledge of their STOVL technology to Lockheed for use on the F-35 (I believe from the Yak-141 project, which had great potential as a carrier based fighter if the cold war hadn't ended).

Very nice build there. I've been tempted to get one of these kits myself based on how good it looks in the box. Your build reinforces my desires now.

Only thing about the Forger is everytime I see one, I get this image of Powers Booth from Red Dawn getting ready to chuck a grenade into the lift fan as he flips the bird to the pilot. I guess I am a little weird that way.