Tuskegee 1/48 P-51D

Erik, good job. You achieved your goals alright. The NMF looks smooth and blemish free. The weathering is just right. Most of my builds look like they've been in a house fire and my next build will have the same goals as yours. What's next?

James

Thanks guys :)

I ordered some grass today from amazon which should come by next wed. It'll be close with the base but not too worried. I'm picking up some frames from Micheals tomorrow as the main base and they should get varnished tomorrow, too. I'm unsure what to do for the title plate. Any ideas??

Erik

Nice one Eric, she's great :clap:

Thanks, Mish! Not as good as yours but I'm still very proud of it!

Good looking build Erik, I do like the look of the Tuskegee markings and your builds improve with every one I see.

Pete

Thanks, Peter. Both of your builds were jaw dropping and could you explain to me how you got that great NMF on both of them?

Erik, good job. You achieved your goals alright. The NMF looks smooth and blemish free. The weathering is just right. Most of my builds look like they've been in a house fire and my next build will have the same goals as yours. What's next?

James

Hey Dr Jimbo, Thanks! I'm actually about to start a long term project called the history of aviation. Check the WIP and you might see it. I'll start work on the Wright Flyer on Monday to start it off. Any work done on the Hurricane?!

Hi Erik

Very nice finish ,top job well done

wellzy :headphones:

Thanks, Wellz! Thanks for sending me the stencil guide :)

Hi Erik

I'll echo all the above - a great build and you did yourself proud

Andy

Thanks, Andy!

Excellent work Erik!

Something to be very proud of there....

Thanks, Tiny! Have you made on progress on Ill Wind??

Just been catching up with this thread.

Erik you did a awesome job on this.

The Spirit of Tuskegee lives on!

Thanks, Mungo! It was a fun fun build and really appreciated building alongside of you guys!

Finished pictures in the gallery or on the RFI forum. :)

Erik

Just taken a good look in RFI at your P51. The finish looks flawless, the masking sharp, and on top of all that really well decaled. Its a build to be proud of.