Dreadnought colours

Dave L

Evening to all,

I am not a ship modeller but needed a change from aircraft (have become addicted to WNW!!) and have allways liked the look of battleships from the Dreadnought era so decided to have a go at the Zveda 1/350th kit.

I have a question about one of the colours quoted which is No48 or MM2100 Signalbraun. This I have found equates to RAL8002 but cannot find a ref to any paint brands other than MM, so can anyone suggest a suitable match in Humbrol, Revell, Valejio or WEM?

All suggestions greatfully received.

Thanks

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Phil,

You may find that mahogany is too dark. RN Corticene was virtually the same colour as Cadbury's milk chocolate.

Yes John ,I know that it was colour of Milk Chococlate,I stood on it for many years,but didn`t realise what it was until an ex-RN Chief yeoman pointed it out to me,and it wasn`t kept as clean as it was in the RN!!Regarding the Vallejo colour ,from my memory the colour seems to match the shade ,well almost!!

Cheers Phil

Edited by Phil Reeder

• 2 months later...

The WEM color chart (linked above) suggests "No apparent boot topping." Is that specific to a period/refit or in general. I ask because having seen that statement the going back through the AOTS, some photos sem to show a boot topping, others do not, so I'm a bit confused.

I'm at the point of either putting it on or not and want to move on.