Trumpeter 1:48 Seafury

Right be kind to me, first model built after 10yrs.Got back into the hobby after finding this site and all the helpful advice/w.i.p builds,picked up a lot of useful information which helped me.

First time using a double action airbrush, hence the c--k up with the exhaust staining, pulled back to far and splat, ah well this one burns a lot of oil !.

Used Gunze paints/Astonish floor polish/Winsor & Newton galeria matt varnish.

IMG_0226york2.jpg

IMG_0227york2.jpg

IMG_0229york2.jpg

Edited by colin

First time using a double action airbrush, hence the c--k up with the exhaust staining, pulled back to far and splat, ah well this one burns a lot of oil !.

Don't see any splat there. Just an excellent model! :goodjob:

Colin,

Mate, don't put yourself down! Very nice build for such a long time away from the hobby. No idea what you mean by the exhaust staining going wrong, looks just fine from where I am sitting. Keep 'em coming!

very nice model!

any special problems during build with this kit?

Thanks everyone for the kind words

The kit gos together very well, fit of the parts is excellent,I have read on the forum about the faults,mad riveter included, but it looks like a Seafury, and to be honest trying to correct them would be beyond me.

Only problem I really had was the primer coat didn't stick to the model, and when pulling the masking tape off, Tamiya, some of the top coat lifted complete with the primer, so had to feather the edges and repaint.

This was more my fault than the primer I think as I had cleaned the plastic before spraying but I don't think I thinned the primer enough (lacquer based) and it was drying almost as it was sprayed and didn't bite into the plastic. Colin

Edited by colin

She's very nice Colin, having had personal experience with one of these beasts, the exhaust is about right. I once had an old Seafury pilot tell me that they only needed to navigate on the way out for a mission, on the way home they just followed their smoke trails.

DSCF0004.jpg[/img]

And this is after I spent hours cleaning it.. :doh:........Tony

Very nice...all it has to do is look like the real thing, and you've done that, welcome back to the only hobby more frustrating than golf!!!!!!

• 2 months later...