Revell Spare Parts

Pip

Hi All,

Could anyone suggest where I could request a re-placement part from Revell.... I have tried their site and after many emails I never get a reply.... I need a canopy for a RAH-66 Comanche Helicopter kit number 04469 part number 52 (the wife stood on it) or am I going to have to buy another kit just to replace the stood on canopy :-( maybe I have just got the wrong link for their parts requests? Any ideas.

Kind regards

Pip

AnnetteMortimer, Revell UK

amortimerATrevellDOTde

replase AT and DOT

Thanks for your advice, they have contacted me and will send the part from Germany.

Cheers

Pip

• 10 years later...

Sorry to dig up this (very) old thread but it is titled exactly as I would have so I decided to add to it for future readers.

Has anyone had any success contacting the Revell/Monogram spare parts department via the Revell.de website...? I have successfully filled in the online form and received a confirmation of my request but having looked into this a bit more, there seems to be a general feeling that nothing else will happen and Revell never seem to get back to these requests.

Has anyone recently had good service from Revell with spare parts requests...?

Thanks

* I should also point out that I have tried Emailing the address listed earlier in this thread but it got bounced back as Not Recognised so I guess Annette has left the company.

Edited by Bubbletop
Additional info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 4:01 PM, Bubbletop said:

Has anyone had any success contacting the Revell/Monogram spare parts department via the Revell.de website...? I have successfully filled in the online form and received a confirmation of my request but having looked into this a bit more, there seems to be a general feeling that nothing else will happen and Revell never seem to get back to these requests.

Has anyone recently had good service from Revell with spare parts requests...?

Thanks

I ordered a replacement canopy from them a couple of years ago, they were very prompt and efficient in sending a new one free of charge. I filled out the online form on their website. Is the kit that you want the part for currently in production? If it is not, they may not be able to replace the part that you need. The canopy for the kit that I needed was 'technically' not in production, although the identical canopy that I needed was in another kit version of the same type of aircraft (1/72 Hawker Hunter) so I ordered a canopy for that kit instead. They then promptly sent a replacement to me, free of charge.   Link to thread below:

B)

A while back I bought the Revell 1/72 Ju88 a-4 kit and found most parts on one of the sprues were short-shot. I emailed their spare parts department via the Revell.de website, and included a couple of jpg images of the offending parts and received all of the required parts, neatly snipped off the sprue, packed securely in a stout box within a week all the way from Germany to Oz. Can't complain about that service.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've read, most model-manufacturers only commit to providing spares for kits they are currently producing (I'm sure even this "rule-of-thumb" has lots of exceptions). I've also read that some people have got hold of spares from many moons ago - so it does vary, a lot. 

Since the disintegration of Monogram US several years ago, I would imagine that spares for that company's models are very rare. You might get lucky with the "kit-breakers" who sell individual runners on E-Bay and the like, but I wouldn't bank on it, as they tend to sell parts from very modern kits. Also, compared to buying a new, complete kit, the breakers are not cheap. 

Hope this is of some help. 

Chris.