1/72 Aermacchi MB.339 Gun Pods (GIAT/DEFA)

royk4002

Hey Guys,

I'm just starting this post in the hope there may be some interest in a project myself and a colleague are just about to complete;

30mm Gun Pods for the Aermacchi MB.339 as used primarily by the Argentine Navy during the Falklands/Malvinas war of 1982

One pod is complete with the second nearing completion, they are very well detailed and should be ready in the next few weeks.

We are toying with the idea of pairing these Gun Pods with recently finished Zuni Rocket pods..

Would love to hear some of your thoughts on this subject..

Thanks in advance

Roy :)

You wouldn't happen to know if these were used by the RNZAF on their 339s? I could be a bit keen if they were, 30mm sounds a bit too big for out guys though, more likely to be something like 50cal. ;)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Hi royk4002'm from argentina and I congratulate you on the project of the guns for the mb-339, I'm interested, because I have a mb-339 to do so during the Falklands/Malvinas war, I would like to know how I can do to get a pocia?

Best regards

Pablo

You wouldn't happen to know if these were used by the RNZAF on their 339s? I could be a bit keen if they were, 30mm sounds a bit too big for out guys though, more likely to be something like 50cal. ;)

Steve.

The RNZAF used AN-M3 50 cal brownings in similar pods. It was a training aircraft, hardly any point in paying for 30mm rounds when the far cheaper 50 cal would do the job.

• 3 weeks later...

Anorak Resin's Aermacchi MB.339 Gun Pod Review.

Here are a few shots of the above Gun Pod which I kindly received last week from Roy. The Pods are cast in grey resin and the casting is top notch with only a few little bubbles to contend with, however a pinhead of Super-Glue solved this in no time. Roy has assured me that the production batch will be free of all bubbles so this won't be an issue. The surface detail is crisp and with careful painting and washing comes out a treat. These Pods I think will be well sought after and will adorn your 339with a bit of class. You can find Anorak Resin on E-bay at roy4002.

003-4.jpg

009-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

Thanks for looking and to Roy for the review sample.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You wouldn't happen to know if these were used by the RNZAF on their 339s? I could be a bit keen if they were, 30mm sounds a bit too big for out guys though, more likely to be something like 50cal. wink.png

Steve.

The RNZAF used AN-M3 .50 cal Brownings in similar pods that bolted directly to the wing. Not having seen the 30mm pods in person I can't be sure whether our .50 cal pods were modified 30mm ones, or a completely different design.

Edited by CharlieNZ

Thanks Charlie, ( & Phil from a couple of years ago, sorry, missed that somehow :( ) guess I'd better get into the photo references & see what I can see of these. I've got the kit & the decals, looks like I might need some pods too but probably not too hard to scratch in this scale. :unsure:

Steve.

Thanks Charlie, ( & Phil from a couple of years ago, sorry, missed that somehow :( ) guess I'd better get into the photo references & see what I can see of these. I've got the kit & the decals, looks like I might need some pods too but probably not too hard to scratch in this scale. :unsure:

Steve.

Well Steve

I tried to do so but both gun pods are diffrent, you can appreciated here

MB339c-daniosMalv.jpg

0767+%282%29.jpg

0771+%284%29.jpg

This one one is the operational weapons load

MB339-4-A-115-apos-o-ataque-Crippa-a-dir

And Murphy Law applied to Modelism now that I finish the kit the kit is reissue and with extra parts!!!!

Bst modeling

Armando

Edited by RAGATIGER
  • Like 3