1/72 Resin AS365 SA 365 Dauphin 2 Upgrade

royk4002

Hey Guys

I'm new to britmodeller but I'm hoping I might be able to bring something that might interest some of you..

For those of you you like the AS.365 (SA.365) Dauphin II and would like something more than the old Matchbox/Revell Dauphin II kit can offer I'm happy to tell you Myself and a colleague are just finished producing an affordable resin conversion set for the old plastic kit.

The first Resin Conversion kit produced will focus primarilly on the SA.365Fi (which is an SA.365 N2).

This will cover everything needed for an Irish Air Corps and Chilean Navy (ex-IAC) example,

but this should be more than adequate for most Long Nose military and civilian Dauphins also.

included in the kit will be an entirely new and detailed nose section.

Radar, underside plumbing and antenna will be included.

Along with a brand new larger Fenestron (yes I was listening to you guys!!) with an 11 bladed rotor.

A large hoist for the SAR kit and some additional detail.

Lastly an entire new main rotor and engine housing section (this replaces the entire top half of the model.

Its a pretty extensive little kit and we are trying to make it as affordable as possible for everybody.

I cannot place a time scale on future variations of this conversion kit as other projects need to be completed beforehand but we are reviewing a full conversion for an accurate USCG Dolphin next.

(you would be surprised at the differences we have discovered with our research!)

We hope to release this in February.

For you modellers with a Chile Navy Dauphin in mind I believe there may be a release of Decals very soon from another well known producer.

..I would love to hear any thoughts or comments you guys might have?

Thanks

Roy :)

Helicopters not really my thing but, depending on price, I would be interested in bits and pieces for the Matchbox/Revell kit to convert/upgrade it to:

- the Dauphins as used by Flag Officer Sea Training at Plymouth; and

- the Israeli Navy ones (which I think are hand-me-down USCG Dolphins).

I have the markings for both!

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Seahawk

If the price is right I`d be interested in this new conversion set if it can be used for a Bond aircraft leased to the Royal Navy for the use of the Flag Officer Sea Training at Roborough, Plymouth too.

Cheers

Tony O

- the Dauphins as used by Flag Officer Sea Training at Plymouth; and
If the price is right I`d be interested in this new conversion set if it can be used for a Bond aircraft leased to the Royal Navy for the use of the Flag Officer Sea Training at Roborough, Plymouth too.

Third vote for a FOST fit !

Dave

Any chance of a 1/48 HEMS (air ambulance) fit out? I have the trumpeter 1/48 kit and decals for Victoria (Australia) Police/Ambulance Victoria air ambulance. Its sitting waiting for me to scratch build an interior.

Well it looks like there will be a FOST conversion in the workshop very soon ;)

We have already started researching the subject but we would love to see any decent pictures or anything anyone might find interesting here

..Ronnieraaf, sorry mate, for the moment we are sticking to 1/72 scale

This would also be another one am defo interested in!!

weegie

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Are you aware that there is a newer kit of this helo by a company named Dream Model?? There are two kits - one with a single helo and the other with 2 in the box! A search on Evil Bay should find them. My understanding is that they are quite accurate.