HT's Feeling the need for speed

I shall be kicking off with this.

Hasegawa JS-135 old moulding.

001.jpg

After some quick assemble of not many parts the main fuselage body was constructed.

002.jpg

Just decidced that she will be made up as a 162683 from VF-124 'Gunfighters'

Link to Andy's site for the scheme.

http://www.andysmodels.me.uk/models/images...ls/SS_72868.htm

Edited by Hardtarget

Just got her sprayed in FS36440 using xtracolor 137 Light gull grey.

003.jpg

Got a question, the decal instruction state a very dark blue for the cockpit surround and the tails, what would be the best blue? also where does the blue end as i dont have a top view and it doesnt seem to extend the full extend of the spine?

She'll take a while to dry do ill start on the next tomcat.

Got a question, the decal instruction state a very dark blue for the cockpit surround and the tails, what would be the best blue? also where does the blue end as i dont have a top view and it doesnt seem to extend the full extend of the spine?

She'll take a while to dry do ill start on the next tomcat.

Some suggestions for the Dark Blue (FS15044) would be:-

Xtracolor #122

Model Master #1719

Gunze Sangyo #326

As to where the blue ends on the spine, my guess would be just after the ECS exhausts, like this....

HS_F14A_003_005.jpg

HTH

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I've been out of action for a few days with illness so progress has been non existent. So to get these progress photos up is the first task and fix the pit to the fuselage.

Wheel wells sprayed tamiya white, (not sure i like tamiya for sraying or brushing really, seem to dry very quickly and clog up the airbrush).

011.jpg

Pit painted overall DSG, hu164 with decals and kit seats. I havent got any MB 7's left so need to get some more. Added some weight held in place with blutack.

017.jpg

that would be nice :)

I'm on the cockpit tubs atm, only one main fuse put together - have to wait and see how much I get done tonight and tomorrow....

Progress on the cat has been good this weekend.

Managed to get her pit section cemented to the main fuselage.

001-1.jpg

Added the Aim 54 Racks

008.jpg

Sprayed the landing gear and wheels then SG'd the oleos into place.

009.jpg

Added the gear doors and landing light.

010.jpg

Then onto the spraying once again.

Bit of prep with the tape.

016.jpg

Then out with the blue.

019.jpg

Masking off and whilst she was drying i painted the tyres. A little bit of touch up with the X137 (16440) and she sits drying inthe sun (well the office) ready for her burners tomorrow and then decalling before her flat cote and weathering.

020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...