Forces of Valour Plastic kits

Steven

I notice on Hannants they are listing four WWII aircraft kits in plastic by Forces of Valour, has anybody seen in the boxes??

Regards Steve

Steve,

Disappointingly, no. I asked a question on The Rumourmonger about them a few months ago as they were supposed to be out in August / September, but noone had seen them. Haven't heard anything since either.

Anybody else know more?

regards,

Martin

There were quite a few in Modelzone in Glasgow at the weekend. We managed to sneak a peak inside a FW-190D box, and it looked like a nice enough kit. Can't comment much beyond that though, I'm afraid.

John

I've had a close look at the spit and..er... well it claims to be a Mk9. Buy the Airfix one instead. it comes with removable nose cowl panels and engine detail, which at first glance is rather enticing, and it DOES have the gull wing section at the wing root, but the shape of the rear fuselage right up to the fin is totally wrong: the fin on the kit has a concave curve almost up to the tip of the fin.

I can't comment on decals as i havent had a chance to use them or check for accuracy: they look reasonably well printed though.

The kit comes with bombs too - an unusual and potentially welcome addition were it not for the fact that they are awful.

with a fair bit of work you could get a reasonable model, but the Airfix one is way less trouble, and a couple of quid cheaper.

I am a little dubious about FOV's accuracy as far as colours and markings go: their large 1.32 diecast has a camo made up of Green and Mauve...

I stress the spit is the only one I have studied, I shall try to get a look at the others when I get a chance.

I notice on Hannants they are listing four WWII aircraft kits in plastic by Forces of Valour, has anybody seen in the boxes??

Regards Steve

Yeah, I noticed those too, on the Model Hobbies site, IIRC. I was almost sure they were diecasts, judging by the appearance of the panel lines in the box art images, but I couldn't enlarge them enough to read the small print. Any idea where they're manufactured? New kit manufacturers are always welcome, assuming they learn the importance of accuracy! ;)

John