Tamiya 1/32 P-51D "Petie 3rd", 352nd FG...

... I don't really want a big debate on weathering etc...thanks.

I think the only debate that would be needed is on just how good it is - I think the weathering's fantastic!! As is the whole model really, just absolutely stunning!!

And I think my long abstinence from buying model mags will be broken when the relevent issue of MIS comes out, your article looks like being a must read!!

Keef

Thanks for your kind comments all, really appreciated.

just love that oilstreak, how did you achieve that?

Regards

bruce

All will be revealed in the Military in Scale article when it's out in a month or two. Between you and me though, Lifecolour Tenscrom oil carefully brush painted...

Thanks for your kind comments all, really appreciated.

All will be revealed in the Military in Scale article when it's out in a month or two. Between you and me though, Lifecolour Tenscrom oil carefully brush painted...

Thanks Turnerdad, will be still buying the mag for the article too

Regards

Bruce

Hi TD,

This really is a cracking model and very pleasing to look at.

I admire the courage it took to apply a flawless BMF finish then weather it to that degree. And all on a £100 model to boot! You are more confident in your airbrushing abilities than I am in mine. Great job.

The more one looks the more one sees a number of particularly thoughtful touches. The oil streak looks super and I like the way you left the first exhaust stub of each stack rusty but applied the light grey staining to the rest.

It would be a treat to see this bird up close and personal. Thanks for taking the time to share your photos and in-progress report with us, cheers.