Some Junkers

Joined a while ago but just be reading posts and admiring builds :)

Junkers Aircraft hold an interest for me and I thought I would post a few of my builds since taking up the hobby again last year after a 25-year or so break ....

Airfix 1/72 Ju-52/3m - configured as a WHIF as used by the Regia Aeronautica on Rhodes in late 1940

AirfixJunkersJu-52Seaplane-1.jpg

OOB Build

Decals are from SM.82 Italeri kit (IIRC)

Italeri 1/72 Ju-52/3m - configured as a Deutche Luft Hansa aircraft. I believe this was actually Hermann Goerings personal aeroplane?

ItaleriJunkersJu-52-Lufthansa.jpg

OOB Build

Italeri 1/72 Ju-52/3m - configured as a Condor Legion Aircraft in Spanish Civil War.

ItaleriJunkersJu-52-SCW.jpg

OOB Build

Decals are mix of Matchbox, Italeri and Home-Made

Italeri 1/72 Ju-52/3m - configured as an Ambulance aircraft at start of Polish offensive

ItaleriJunkersJu-52-Ambulance.jpg

OOB Build

Decals mostly after-market, some Italeri

Italeri 1/72 Ju-52/3m - configured as Transport/Fallschimer aircraft for Operation Mecure (Invasion of Crete, 1941)

ItaleriJunkersJu-52-Crete.jpg

OOB Build

Decals mostly after-market

My only other completed Junkers aircraft currently is a WHIF Ju-88

Revell 1/72 Ju-88 C6 Nightfighter, Vintage 1960s

RevellJunkersJu-88C6.jpg

Pretty much OOB Build, but finished in what I refer to as a Middle East Splinter Camouflage for a Uchronie theme I am slowly creating.

Hope you found these efforts of interest. I am trying to improve my skills on each build and get that little bit better each time (while still having fun :D )

I tend to post on the ATF Forum my builds but I like how Britmodeller lays out the Aircrafts by Genre rather then Kit :)

On the Junkers Workbench right now are:

Italeri 1/72 Ju-86 - Civilian; Probably DLH

Italeri 1/72 Ju-86 - Military; Probably Swedish Air Force

Revell 1/72 F.13 Floatplane; Scheme undecided

• Like 4

Dear Mop. I'm detecting a distict theme here... :analintruder:

Junkers cheers,

ggc

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Mop. I'm detecting a distict theme here... :analintruder:

Junkers cheers,

ggc

Nah :)

my latest builds. A few more ..... let me think .... B)

A Mini-Auntie ... the Zvevda 1/200 Junkers Ju-52

Zvezda-JU52-1.jpg

Italeri 1/72 Junkers Ju-86 Airliner

JunkersJu86-Z1-1.jpg

Italeri 1/72 Junkers Ju-86 Bomber

JunkersJu86-E2-1.jpg

And my favourite recent build .... The Revell 1/72 Junkers F.13 4-seater Floatplane

JunkersF13-3.jpg

Edited by Mop

• 2 weeks later...

Did this kit last weekend and looks quite imposing even in 1/144 scale ...

The Revell 1/144 Junkers G.38 Airliner

JunkersG38-Complete-1.jpg

Kit itself went together really well - didn't need a spot of filler anywhere and all paintwork was freehand without any masking.

Decals sadly let the side down a little - thick and shiny.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Really lovely work

The Ju86 caught my eye, didn't these have diesel engines or is old age catching up with me again ?

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat, Thanks :)

Been away from the modelling for a couple of years and just catching up and saw your comment.

Well observed. The Ju86 initially started with the Diesel (JUMO) engine (the 86D) but fairly soon BMW Petrol radial engines were fitted instead (the 86E). So you would see military Ju86s with both types, depending on the build date. I think the Airliner version (designated 86Z) mostly had the JUMO but some I believe had the petrol engines fitted by the end of production or retro-fitted.

Edited by Mop
  • Like 1

Military Ju86 with radials always been my fave Luft bomber. I remember building the Italeri one years ago. Would like to get hold of another one again. Those 'Iron Annies' look good as well

Thanks,

I have ended up with a few too many really! Got 7 more '52s in the stash, and 3 more Ju86s (one civvies with Jumo, one D1 and one E1) - looking forward to getting round to them :)

• 2 months later...

Had this old lady hanging around for a couple of years, nearly done, but waiting for her engines and final paint and markings, so thought it about time to finish her off so she can sit proud with the other Junkers in the collection.

1/72 Heller Junkers Ju52/3m, finished as a What-If WW2 COIN aircraft.

227340763920cc92873d2409d229f9a4.jpg

OOB Build. Decals from spares box

I am getting itchy fingers to make another Iron Annie now ...

Edited by Mop
  • Like 1

Nice work here. I have the G38 in my collection too - and yes, the decals were the 'bad side' - but wow. could you imagine flying commercially and having a seat up there in the wings leading edge? Has to be, in my imagination, one of the best airliner trips one could have had. Hopefully, a full bar was on board too.

Cheers,

Mike

Nice work here. I have the G38 in my collection too - and yes, the decals were the 'bad side' - but wow. could you imagine flying commercially and having a seat up there in the wings leading edge? Has to be, in my imagination, one of the best airliner trips one could have had. Hopefully, a full bar was on board too.

Cheers,

Mike

And in the nose as well on the G38. I reckon Boeing could have done something similar with the 747 - fitted a Stratofortress-type front to it and kept the flight deck where it was. Would have been brilliant!

Had this old lady hanging around for a couple of years, nearly done, but waiting for her engines and final paint and markings, so thought it about time to finish her off so she can sit proud with the other Junkers in the collection.

1/72 Heller Junkers Ju52/3m, finished as a What-If WW2 COIN aircraft.

OOB Build. Decals from spares box

I am getting itchy fingers to make another Iron Annie now ...

I like that one, its not so far from the movie star one from "Where Eagles Dare" ,on my list of to dos, the Italeri Swiss Ju52 kit 0150 has the scheme for it, just needs the national markings changing. Lots of info in the googlesphere.

Steve.

I like that one, its not so far from the movie star one from "Where Eagles Dare" ,on my list of to dos, the Italeri Swiss Ju52 kit 0150 has the scheme for it, just needs the national markings changing. Lots of info in the googlesphere.

Steve.

I was going to finish as the WED Ju52, with a little dio featuring Burton, Eastwood and the gang (Airfix German Mountain Troops) and the bus with the snowplough (Roden Blitz Bus) slamming into the German fighters at the airfield, but decided to go for a variant :)

If you need the scheme from kit #150 I can post it up :)

Thanks Mop, I think I'm OK for the info on this, I've got a colour plan off hyperscale (?) as well as the one in the kit. I've been looking at it for some time, & the kit in my stock, not confident enough to venture toward it yet. From various sites with screen shots etc, as well as the airfield scene you mention on youtube, I've sorted out the Luftwaffe markings I'll need too, it just begs the day for me to get it all together, at least the Italeri one seems to build without any hassles.

Steve.

Lovely collection, Mop

If you are into the Ju 86 (lovely civil version, BTW), then have a look at the RS Models Ju 86 P or Ju 86 R. Both pressurized cabin PR variants, from 1941 and 1942 respectively. Well worth attempting...

Philip

Hi Mop

Thanks for the update on the Junkers collection, really great work, and such a diverse collection of aircraft, any more for us to look forward to ?

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat :)

Another Junkers is the ever-popular Ju88, but completed in a WHIF finish.

1/72 Junkers Ju-88 from the "Revell H-165 (Night Fighter)" kit, but finished in a Desert Splinter Scheme for a Ground Attack role (as part of my Iraqi 'Dash for Oil' fictional time-line)

JU-88Complete1.jpg

OOB comstruction. A combination of the Revell Decals and left over/adapted Airfix Bv-141 lettering for the markings; Fictional Camouflage scheme.

Lovely collection, Mop

If you are into the Ju 86 (lovely civil version, BTW), then have a look at the RS Models Ju 86 P or Ju 86 R. Both pressurized cabin PR variants, from 1941 and 1942 respectively. Well worth attempting...

Philip

I'll have a look out for one of those. I have a SCW Ju86 D-1 variant lined up for some time in the near future as well :)