Orders Of The Day...

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to share my latest purchase:

P2263469.jpg

It's a modern USN carrier base made by Hobby Masters. This is a Hong Kong company that makes die-cast models and also have a small range of accessories for these... including not only the base but some crews and tow tractors. My base is 1/72 but a 1/48 one is available too.

The base is a prepainted single plastic piece. It's really quite light, and the fake wooden edges don't look that great.

P2283470.jpg

The tie-down points are not bad and have raised impressions of the steel parts at the bottom of the wells. They are prepainted in white and this looks so-so but I can see it will be easy to improve them with some steel paint and black ink for the recesses.

Some weathering will also be useful for a more realistic looking base.

The deck section itself is 270 X 200 mm, so a Tomcat will not fit too well if it has spread wings. With the wings in oversweep position it should fit just fine. Here's a pic of my Crusader on the base, showing the size.

P2283471.jpg

The one good thing of this base is its price: mine costed Euro 10, equivalent to around £ 8.50. It might not be perfect, but it's cheap !

Edited by Giorgio N