1/48 F-14D VF-31 "Tomcatters" 2006

So far there has only been little done this weekend!

Cutting parts from sprues and cleaning them out. Also still working on the Aires cockpit and exhausts aswell as the Wolfpack parts!

Som far I am really enjoying this build even not much is getting together so far!

So far I am really enjoying this build even not much is getting together so far!

I know how this feels....never having built a tomcat before (really...I havent...), I'm finding it all very educational...

and I'm spending much of my time atm studying it all and making sure I get things as right as possible

Well.....

It has been put on hold for the time beeing... cockpit has been done. (fitting issues)

All Resin has been cleand out and are waiting for painting. Vertical stabs and wings are glued together and waiting for more TLC :-)

But all is on hold for now.... :blink:

of course it will....be positive and optimistic....believe in yourself;

believe you WILL make the parts fit

believe you WILL get the colours right

believe you WILL have no problems with the decals

believe you WILL one day see a grown woman naked

believe....just believe

inspirational skipper's speech over....

:)

of course it will....be positive and optimistic....believe in yourself;

believe you WILL make the parts fit

believe you WILL get the colours right

believe you WILL have no problems with the decals

believe you WILL one day see a grown woman naked

believe....just believe

inspirational skipper's speech over....

:)

That was poetry in motion!!!!!!!!

Thanks, boss!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, my fellow "Tomcatters".

Here is my little project for this GB. I hope to make myself proud....

Box:

DSC_0491.jpg

Sprues:

DSC_0493.jpg

Aftermarket, Wolfpack "Tomcatters", Aires exhausts & Cockpit. Different makes of decals....

DSC_0494-1.jpg

And should end up like this.... I think. Either this or some other VF-31 bird from 2006.

1144992.jpg

Well...

Let`s see how this ends...

RNoAF-

Glad to see you are using the old VF-Decals VF-31 sheet. That was my company and that was one of our best sheets we'd ever done. However, I would recommend using some different CVW-8 badges. Ours were a little oddly shaped and there are replacements out there readily available.

The pics you posted from airliners is not the CAG from the 2006 combat cruise, but are from a later date in 2006. The VF sheet features the jets as they appeared in March 2006, 3 days after the squadron's home coming. If you need pics of Tomcatter 100, please let me know. I took walk arounds of all of VF-31's jets after their home coming.

Anxious to see this come together! I'm doing pretty much the same thing in Braille Scale. Be sure to keep us informed as you get your mojo back and make more progress! My inspirational modelling mantra is "Act as if it were impossible to fail."

Cheers,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How's this one coming on Snafu?

Any progress with the Aires exhaust set? Be grand to see what's happening!

Rip-Cord

Well, Rip-Cord...

Work, family and refurbing the loft for my two daughters (Age 2 & 3).... Also a second hobby in model trains that has taken a lot of time.

Took the sets out again yesterday and will get into it, but I am not sureI will be able to finish in time... :-(

My plan is to make a dio with the Tomcat in CAG colours from 2006 and the Hornet Anniversary CAG bird..... Therefore I am not sure I have the time, BUT I WILL FINISH THEM!!! :-)))

This is what I have been up to. FREMO.... modular model railroading with schedules and a clock...

IMG_7243.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Orjan

Give it a go i did the P51 GB finished in the last hour of the build, posted with 4 mins to go.

You can do it mate.

Paul

'tis worth a go....give it your best shot and if you dont make it in one piece we could always shove the wreck over the side and into the sea

:):):)

have a go anyway

A few thing have been done within an hour and a half....

Wings have been put partly together....

DSC_0100.jpg

What to do with all the Resin parts?????

DSC_0104.jpg

Test fitting. I have never seen a Hasegawa kit with so MUCH flash and bumps and sinkholes in it as this one....

DSC_0103.jpg

Engines and a few other bits. Including the metal undercarriage.....

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

Will never be able to finish by Sunday, but hell. I will give it a try!