Fairies Wear Boots

JonP

I picked up this little gem by Grey Matter from Hawk Miniatures at last years Euro Militaire and painted it for my father-in-law's Christmas present as he is a fan of Black sabbath and likes fairies! I normally use oils but as I had very little time I used acrylics with oil washes on the wings and hair.

SmallFairyfrontupper.jpg

SmallFairyfrontright3-4.jpg

SmallFairyfrontlower.jpg

SmallFairyrear.jpg

Hi Andy

many thanks. The cast resin Love Heart base comes with the kit and they are actual size; I just added the wooden base and name plate. It is a nice little figure and is fairly straight forward to put together; only the right leg and four wings are seperate parts and the leg joins at the stocking top so no filler needed. The wings are cast in clear resin an are quite fragile which is why I went for a large base.

Edited by JonP

Nice work on the figure.

I did see this figure at Bugle Call last year and I did like the look of it.

I think I will get this as a friend of mine, who happens to be a real life fairy, is having a baby so would make a nice present for them both.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers

Richard

Thats very nicely painted :) I thought the wings look a bit strange as they almost look like stained glass, dont know how useful glass wings would be :)

And good for her too, you should never let sweets tell you what to think... :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...