2001 Moonbus

I've held off posting this as I don't feel it's up to the general standard of other people's work, but I finally thought "What the hell!" and I'm going for it. This is a kit I've wanted for a long time so when Moebius Models reissued it a year or two back I was delighted. In case you don't know, it represents the lunar surface shuttle seen in 2001: A Space Odyssey, which happens to be my favourite film of all time. The only changes I've made are the repositioning of the heads of a couple of the passengers so that they're not all staring in front of them.

Apologies for the slight blurring on a couple of the shots - I've heard that smearing Vaseline on the lens can do wonders when photographing female subjects of a certain age but I didn't do that here, honestly!

PIC_0067.jpg

Overall side view

PIC_0068.jpg

Closeup of the cockpit windows

PIC_0069.jpg

Three-quarters rear view

PIC_0070.jpg

Cockpit with the roof off

PIC_0071.jpg

Passenger cabin with the roof off

PIC_0072.jpg

Same, looking forward

PIC_0073.jpg

Obligatory upside-down shot

Hope you like it!

Looks great. What scale is it??

Good question. It's not a standard scale and looks a little smaller than 1/48. I've seen it described as 1/55 which doesn't look too far out.

I like it! :goodjob: This sort of model isn't something that we see very often and I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more.

Got anymore to post? I dunno... maybe a Mercury capsule or summat like that? :D

My Atomic City 1/12 Mercury is still in the stash. However I'll post some pics of my Apollo 7/Saturn IB later on today.

Any model from a Kubrick movie is allways a treat to the eyes, plus if its from a Clarke book!!!!! only the "Discovery" could be cooler than this bus!!!