"See you back at home!"

This was my last build completed in 2011, and it was done with a few hours to spare.

The scene is set after "Desert Storm" has finished and the Americans are heading back home. The Bradley has been parked up in a compound waiting to be shipped back to the States. The commander is patting the hull and saying to his ride "See you back at home!" before catching his flight back.

The kit is from Modelcraft in 1/35th, a basic kit that was previously motorised. I started this project to test out some new weathering techniques, salt weathering and oil paint weathering which I am pleased with the results for this first attempt. Unfortunately, there was not decals in the kit, so I had to find some decal sheet images on-line to download and edit them.

The base was scratch-built with MDF, Plasticine, granite ballast and paint, a first using Plasticine for me as I did not have any other modelling clay to use at the time. The figure came with the kit, it is not that good compared to other manufacturer's examples, but it would do for this. I did modify the arms a little to get the pose right, though when standing alone, he does stand a bit like Larry Grayson! The Alice Packs are from Tamiya and the M231 rifle also came from the Bradley kit.

I hope that you enjoy this one, it came out better then I thought.

bradley-fn-01w.jpg

bradley-fn-02w.jpg

bradley-fn-03w.jpg

bradley-fn-04w.jpg

bradley-fn-05w.jpg

bradley-fn-06w.jpg

bradley-fn-07w.jpg