Fujimi 1/48 P-51D Mustang, big beautful doll

Hi all I got this from an oxfam shop about 6 weeks ago. Well I made a start on it on Tuesday and I will carry on with it tonight for a bit. Well here are some pics

68920ea8.jpg

79ee6693.jpg

Started to paint on Wednesday

e9fa8a1d.jpg

e2ab02c8.jpg

8251ebf6.jpg

That's it for now, thanks for looking

Edited by cuprar

Right, while I've been building the D I've had this soaking in tesco all purpose cleaner. It was given to me by another member on here for parts but I'm going to build it. Not sure if it's an A or B but it was in bits and ive started glueing back together. It was painted silver with red tail. I will be painting this in OD and grey. Well here it is with the fuse and wings glued together again

6cddbf4f.jpg

And now both my builds together

5676436c.jpg

Thanks for looking, more tonight

Right, while I've been building the D I've had this soaking in tesco all purpose cleaner. It was given to me by another member on here for parts but I'm going to build it. Not sure if it's an A or B but it was in bits and ive started glueing back together. It was painted silver with red tail. I will be painting this in OD and grey. Well here it is with the fuse and wings glued together again

6cddbf4f.jpg

And now both my builds together

5676436c.jpg

Thanks for looking, more tonight

It looks like a "B" as I can not see any intake on top of the cowlings

I noticed, it looks like you have filled in the landing light on the left wing of the "B", if so you need to clean it out as this needs to be there, or are you building a racer?

I noticed, it looks like you have filled in the landing light on the left wing of the "B", if so you need to clean it out as this needs to be there, or are you building a racer?

Didn't know that! I build airliners so this is all new to me and just have a bag of parts and no ins for it but thank you for letting me know

• 1 month later...