Group Build Chat

wkennerley

Does the 1/24th Revell Routemaster qualify? I might join after new year if so ...

I'd recon so as we've said 1:24 Trucks (think we'll change that to '1:24 and larger Commercial Vehicles') - what do you recon Merv?

Iain

I'd recon so as we've said 1:24 Trucks (think we'll change that to '1:24 and larger Commercial Vehicles') - what do you recon Merv?

Iain

Aye,or call them 'Big fings with wheels'...lol.I'd say leave off 'commercial' as then it could encompass all things wheeled (tractors,trucks,cars ect)

I'd originally put my name down for this one, and was going to crack on with a 1/32 Tonka plus heaps of AM, but I just bought a house so that might have to wait until after we move...

I do have a 1/32 Revell Lysander in the stash, which is completely different to my normal choice of kit, I might crack that out and join in, but that'll be towards the end of the GB once we're settle in the new house! Until then I'll keep an eye on all the builds!

Phil

Not sure what to do for this one?

Current front runners are:

1/24 Hurricane (Arfix)

1/12 Mclaren MP4/6 (Tamiya)

1/18 Mclaren M8 (Tamiya)

1/12 Blurbird K7 (Touchwood) I assume a 1/12 scale boat counts!

1/9 Yamaha MotoGP

Will have to have a think, suggestions welcome.

Warren

Would rebuilding almost all of revell's 1/96 Saturn v count for this it is 1m 45 when built. I was going to finish for kuta but it really needs stripping and painting properly which will fit better with the timescale on this gb, regardless looking forward to seeing the big stuff

Cheers

Graham

Edited by Graham77

I'm in with a 1/24 Harrier GR3 (I think!). My first ever GB so in at the deep end! I'll get my thread started later.

Cheers,

Carl.

oops, just noticed I should have posted in the "list your builds here section"!

Edited by carlstavros

Not sure what to do for this one?

Current front runners are:

1/24 Hurricane (Arfix)

1/12 Mclaren MP4/6 (Tamiya)

1/18 Mclaren M8 (Tamiya)

1/12 Blurbird K7 (Touchwood) I assume a 1/12 scale boat counts!

1/9 Yamaha MotoGP

Will have to have a think, suggestions welcome.

Warren

Hiya Warren - that Bluebird sounds intriguing!! (and, yes, I recon a 1/12 boat most certainloy counts!!)

Would rebuilding almost all of revell's 1/96 Saturn v count for this it is 1m 45 when built. I was going to finish for kuta but it really needs stripping and painting properly which will fit better with the timescale on this gb, regardless looking forward to seeing the big stuff

Cheers

Graham

I'd say so. We tried to make the scales just a little larger than the norm for particular themes - in this case I'd say 1:144 more normal - so 1:96 has to be 'in' :) And I'm sure we'd accept a rebuild.

I HATE PAINTING COCKPITS!!!ARRGGHH......

:badmood::frantic:

That make two of us! :P

I'm in with a 1/24 Harrier GR3 (I think!). My first ever GB so in at the deep end! I'll get my thread started later.

Cheers,

Carl.

oops, just noticed I should have posted in the "list your builds here section"!

Harrier would be great! And no 'deep end' as such - just dive in - the waters lovely! :)

Iain

hmmmm, I have 3 1/32 kits in the stash so I think I'll try and enter one if I may? Hopefully I'll manage to finish it but I have had a little loss of modelling mojo the last week or so. Maybe starting a new kit will get me going again!

How about a 1/32 Bf109G-4/trop from Revell? Would that be ok?

hmmmm, I have 3 1/32 kits in the stash so I think I'll try and enter one if I may? Hopefully I'll manage to finish it but I have had a little loss of modelling mojo the last week or so. Maybe starting a new kit will get me going again!

How about a 1/32 Bf109G-4/trop from Revell? Would that be ok?

Yeppers!

Well - I guess she's a small ship - and 1:72 is large scale for a ship.

Plus - I'd like to see this one built! ;)

So - yes - go for it!

Iain

Yup,I agree with Iain..go for it! Anchors away n all that navy guff..

Does Revell's 1/48 scale Liberator count? I might be tempted to retrieve it from the stash despite the 6 or 7 "part-builts" calling to me from the shelf of doom.

Aviation - any model - 1:36 and larger

Aviation - heavy bombers and transports - 1:48 and larger - e.g. B1 etc..

Aviation - super large - e.g. 1:72 B-36/Brabazon/Galaxy/747 kinda thing

Armour/AFVs - 1:20 and larger

Maritime - any model - 1:200 and larger

Rail - 1:35 and larger

Trucks - 1:24 and larger

Cars - 1:20 and larger

GP cars - 1:18 and larger

Motorcycles - 1:10 and larger

Figures - 1:16 and larger

Real Space - 1:48 and larger

Sci-Fi - erm - anything BIG!

Edited by smeds