Hippo 1/48 Scale Gotha GV .

Martian

Waiting for some cooler weather as airbrushing the finish is up next and I don't want the droplets of paint starting to dry before they hit and level out on the model. It gives a sandpaper texture otherwise, guess how I know this?

Martin

Haven't a clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger

P.S. I'll just sit and wait patently

Waiting for some cooler weather as airbrushing the finish is up next and I don't want the droplets of paint starting to dry before they hit and level out on the model. It gives a sandpaper texture otherwise, guess how I know this?

Martin

Martin knows this because he is a graduate of Her Majesty's School of Hard Knocks (Blushing and Orange-Peeling Paint Division). Me too, only I attended the Colonial Branch. Several times, in fact.

Cheers,

Bill

Martin knows this because he is a graduate of Her Majesty's School of Hard Knocks (Blushing and Orange-Peeling Paint Division). Me too, only I attended the Colonial Branch. Several times, in fact.

Cheers,

Bill

That's the one Bill! Just about everything I know not to do in modelling I learnt at that school. I sometimes think I went on to get a degree with first class idiocy in the subject! :dunce: It would be nice to get this one off the bench though as she is in the way of the next big build.

Martin

Hi Martin

My model room is temperature controlled opening the window to let in cold air / midges, or the other half coming in complaining that I have a million jobs that need doing around the house, and you are b*ggering about making models, providing an unlimited source of hot air !

I am so brave when she can't hear me :winkgrin:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Hi Martin

My model room is temperature controlled opening the window to let in cold air / midges, or the other half coming in complaining that I have a million jobs that need doing around the house, and you are b*ggering about making models, providing an unlimited source of hot air !

I am so brave when she can't hear me :winkgrin:

Cheers Pat

So you end up with midges in your paintwork? :tease:

Unfortunately our room is south facing so it gets sunshine nearly all day long and is the hottest room in the house. Nothing for it but to let things cool down. Still, this was never going to be a quick build anyway and I am happy to work on it as the feeling takes me. I think once the wings are on and the thing rigged, things will speed up as the light at the end of the tunnel will become more apparent and the considerable number of bits that are left are the fiddly kind of fine details that I enjoy doing anyway.

Apologies to those who would like more regular updates on this one but we will get there even if it is only for my Grandmother's sake, another reason for wanting to make he best possible job of things.

Martin

• 4 months later...

Sadly not, health issues have prevented much modelling for the last couple of months and none since Telford. The will is there but there has been too much pain n my neck and arms for there to be any realistic chance of any decent quality work.

Martin

• 8 months later...

It is still sat on my desk Roger. I was looking at it a couple of days ago and wondering why I have not finished it, especially when the back of the build is long since broken. Just need something to inspire me I guess.

Martin

• Like 1

It is still sat on my desk Roger. I was looking at it a couple of days ago and wondering why I have not finished it, especially when the back of the build is long since broken. Just need something to inspire me I guess.

Martin

Hi Martin

What about the World War One GB, it would be an idea chance to finish it ?

Cheers Pat

• 3 months later...

Hi Martin

Any news on your Gotha? I have just acquired a copy of this kit and was reading avidly through this thread. I was disappointed to see that it had petered out as I was hoping to follow it from end to end as I sure need the guidance in taking on this beastie.

• 2 years later...

Just revisited this thread after finding this kit in the stash today when looking for something else !

And no you're right I didn't find the thing I was looking for !

Come on Martian did you finish it ? :shrug: :popcorn:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Just revisited this thread after finding this kit in the stash today when looking for something else !

And no you're right I didn't find the thing I was looking for !

Come on Martian did you finish it ? :shrug: :popcorn:

cheers Pat

Sadly not, it still sits on my bench waiting for me to get some inspiration.

Martian

7 hours ago, Fishbed said:

Slacker!  

Tim (awaiting the inevitable response)

At least you know the response rather me getting a ban from the mods by having to write it here!

Martian

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 6/26/2017 at 5:05 AM, Martian said:

Sadly not, it still sits on my bench waiting for me to get some inspiration.

Martian

I may have something. It's not much but may renew your interest in the G.V. Please drop me a note :)

• Like 1